There is a new vendor here (clarke arms) that I am not too happy with. I went to thier site to see what ammo prices were like and saw a good deal on 45 colt ammo. When i placed an order I got an e-mail saying that the price put on line was incorrect and it would cost me another $75 if I wanted to buy it. My problem is that price was like that for at least two months before I placed my order and they just now realize it's wrong. Sounds a little fishy to me so I will avoid doing any business with them taks this for what it's worth.

Edited by pony_express1973

just want this up at the top of the viewing list so more people can see how bad they are to deal with so big BUMP

Your thread was started 5 hours ago.. bumped three hours ago...

You now certainly have MY attention... have you contacted the vendor about this matter prior to posting about it here?

ya I told them I would not pay the extra money and I would not do business with them in the future and they did not seem to care at all. Maybe I'm reading too much in to this but it just seems like the old bait and switch to me offer one price then say sorry but it will be more if thats what you want and I don't deal with people who seem a bit shady but maybe it's just me.

Edited by pony_express1973

I agree, thats not very good business practice. But I was more wondering what their official response was. Did you say you wanted it for the price listed? I personally have never purchased from them but would definitely think twice if they are indeed being rude or shady. Just hard to draw a conclusion from what you left.

Do you have a copy of their official response in email or something?

Well I can't say for sure one way or another that there was/is an intent to "bait and switch". I've done business with Dan, bought an S-12 and a Chaos Titan setup from him and it all was as I think it should be.

I do know that sometimes people doing business on the internet get behind with updates to their websites, the most common being showing products as being available when they're not. And sometimes information such as pricing is also not correct. If a seller has to rely on a hired person such as a "webmaster" to do these updates often this is part of the problem. I've seen and experienced myself people who build a site quickly enough but when it comes to updates and maintenance it's like "pulling eye teeth" to get the work done.

No matter why it occurs it makes a seller look bad and it can appear to be an outright attempt to do something dishonest. But if it is done on purpose it's not a very smart thing to do and I think Dan is smarter than this.

Regardless, I'm not certain it's worth making a stink on a board where the seller is a sponsor, no transaction took place and the buyer is not out any money. I'd just not do business with whomever instead of declaring Jihad but that's just me.

Well I can't say for sure one way or another that there was/is an intent to "bait and switch". I've done business with Dan, bought an S-12 and a Chaos Titan setup from him and it all was as I think it should be.

I do know that sometimes people doing business on the internet get behind with updates to their websites, the most common being showing products as being available when they're not. And sometimes information such as pricing is also not correct. If a seller has to rely on a hired person such as a "webmaster" to do these updates often this is part of the problem. I've seen and experienced myself people who build a site quickly enough but when it comes to updates and maintenance it's like "pulling eye teeth" to get the work done.

No matter why it occurs it makes a seller look bad and it can appear to be an outright attempt to do something dishonest. But if it is done on purpose it's not a very smart thing to do and I think Dan is smarter than this.

Regardless, I'm not certain it's worth making a stink on a board where the seller is a sponsor, no transaction took place and the buyer is not out any money. I'd just not do business with whomever instead of declaring Jihad but that's just me.

I'm not declaring a war or anything just letting people know how my interaction was with them so they are aware of how things MAY go if they choose to do business with them. And thier offical response was that price was with supplied brass but no where on their site does it say you can send your own brass and get a beter price and now that ammo is off of their site all together... this will be the last post on this from me I can find other places that WANT my money so I am ok buying from others

• 1 month later...

ya I told them I would not pay the extra money and I would not do business with them in the future and they did not seem to care at all. Maybe I'm reading too much in to this but it just seems like the old bait and switch to me offer one price then say sorry but it will be more if thats what you want and I don't deal with people who seem a bit shady but maybe it's just me.

Honestly, I've been on God's earth long enough to know that mistakes happen without it being foul intentioned. I wouldn't read so much into it, probably just an honest mistake.