How to Put TAPCO G2 FCG in '08 S-12?

I picked up a TAPCO G2 FCG fro dinzagarms years ago and finally got to putting it in. I looked at various videos on disassembly/assembly of S12 innards but none look like mine.

1. My Safety Lever does not come out before all other FCG parts as it will not rotate to vertical. It hits against the transfer yoke legs and the sear/disconnector unit. I had to take the latter part out by pulling out both axis pins (hammer and sear/disconnector), lifting out the hammer and sear/disconnector and then rotating the Safety Lever.

2. I had no Shepard's Hook. The axis pins were held in by a spring that wrapped around the rrivetted pin that holds the transfer yoke, then went over the rear axis pin and under the front axis pin.

3. Both the tigger and transfer yoke have these rivetted pins permanently attached, so there was no removing them to put in a new FCG.

4. I pulled the long spring that held the axis pins in out by grabbing an end and yanking it out to unwind it from the riveted pin. I tried to put in a retaining plate, but since my Safety Lever has to go in first, before the FCG, it can't be installed. Once you put the Safety Lever in, through the hole in the retaining plate, it won't fit. I put in the Shepard's Hook that came with the dinzag TAPCO G2 FCG (which was a bitch, as y'all know).

How do I mod/replace the Safety Lever so it comes out first?

How do I get the rivetted pins out, put in the dinzag TAPCO G2 FCG and then replace the removed pins?

Is my Saiga 12 an unusual variant?

you have to remove the 2 rear rivets that hold the FCG. this will allow removal of the retaining spring, and then the removal of the old FCG. after that, you will have to remove the trigger plate to expose the usual trigger hole. then you can replace the FCG. you will need to have a trigger gaurd that has a selector stop on hand, as well as a retainer plate/spring and i think a modified BHO.

take rivets out with 3/16 bit

Edited by Agent Lemon

Carolina Shooters Supply has some of the best conversion vids on their website.

The secret to installing the sheppards crook is to install it before putting on the stock.

I find it much easier to use one then modding the BHO to get the safety installed.