Saiga-12 Mag's

Hi,

I'm saving my pennies for a Saiga 12 later this year. Physically, how does a Saiga-12 5-rounder compare to say an AK-30 rounder?

I have an M-24 vest laying around that may work well with it, but am curious as to how big the mag' really is?

Thanks in advance,

CZ52'

• 1 year later...

Did a search here. Did a search on yahoo. not much

This is the road i'm on. I have yet to lay hands on an 8rd mag. don't know dimensions in regards to length next to AR 30rd/ak 30rd mag.

Would (1) 8rd fit an a individual vest pouch made for (3) 30rd ak mags/ or (1) rpk as it states does anyone think/know?

it says 3! ak mags in 1 pouch. that has to be fairly wide. and aren't rpk mags like 45 rounds or something? thats length....Looking for ak vest that can hold 4 8rd mags.

Count on the 8 rd mags to be as big as a 40 rd for an AK. I have 5 8 rd mags...and they will NOT fit in a pouch designed for a 30rd AK mag. The best way I have found to carry 4 of them is an RPK 4 mag pouch from K-Var. It is an awesome pouch with an accessory pcoket.

Here is the link....http://www.k-var.com/product.asp?0=216&1=249&3=329

DodgeI,

I use some holders made for Cetme mags (20 round 308). They hold 2 .308 mags. For me, I get one mag in all the way, and wedge the other in (easier to grab if they aren't in the same depth).

This should give you a rough idea. Oh, the length is too short. But as I'm just using them for match, I cut top off carriers and have them hang out the top.

HTH

Is there a way to make some kind of mag Extension using a mag like a G3 or similar that you could replace the mags floor plate with on a S-12 five round mag?

I don't have a S-12 yet so I really don't know what the bottom of the mag looks like.

It just seems easer to work on some kind of mag Extension than reworking a deferent mag to fit the rifle.

Edited by Tiny