One of my local shops is having used saiga's starting to show up lately. Its time to beat the bushes were you live too there just maybe some great finds out there. These Saiga's appear to be still in new condition for a used price well under what they were when they were new. Can you say its a Great Buy?? For those of us who know about saiga's anyway. There is still the ones who wouldn't know a good thing if it smacked them in the head of course. I'm talking about the ones who won't accept change for the better. Lets face it the "AK" design is unmatched and a proven platform, dependable, reliable and quality product. The point i try to get across is the Russians at Izhmash who manufacture the Saiga have put in the accuracy that the "AK" never had in a sporter version. Its going to kick @ss once it catches on just like the SKS did back in the late 80's. The saiga's haven't caught on yet there's just a handful of us saiga owners and believers. I think its going to stir things up in the american gun market for a longtime.

The bottomline is I have a quality gun, that should last more than my lifetime, even if i hammer it often, it has a chromelined bore/chamber and the biggest thing to me besides being affordable I can disassemble it in 30 seconds to clean and lube it properly. There is no modern american made semi-auto that can do this on the market today the saiga is unmatched.

Sorry for the rant but have you ever tried to steer a gun buyer to this quality product and had only negative responces? I say screw them so there's more saiga's for us screw the dumb ignorant @sses who won't accept change nor want the best quality affordable product that our hard earned dollar can buy!!!!!!!! I got a new Saiga in 308win for $307 OTD nothing on the planet can match that unless you find a used one. If you snooze you lose.............

Edited by Unknown Poster

I hope the Saigas showing up will be reasonably priced. I saw a converted Saiga .308 selling for $600 at a gun show. It will be nice to see used Saigas since RAA is waiting for their import licenses and who knows how much they'll charge for the rifles and shotguns.

The SKS rifles are still selling well with AIM Surplus having them at a special for $79 for a shooter grade Yugo. The SKS rifles are also reliable and inexpensive but unlike Saigas they're a lot harder to modify them due to the USC922r. Logistically the SKS uses the same M43 round as the Saiga 7.62x39 rifles use so they make good companior rifles to the Saiga.

But you can't compare the quality of the Saiga Sporter in 7,62x39 to the Yugo SKS it doesn't even come close. The Yugo's don't have chromed lined barrels thats their biggest drawback. I got my very first Chinese Norinco SKS back when they were first imported here for $59 and it came with a free case of ammo too. Well the dealer got the free case of ammo when he ordered the rifle wether he passed it on to you was up to him.

I live in what is a lower cost place to live in the nation, the prices I hear for retail are never going to sell in se oklahoma. There are far fewer dollars chaseing guns here than alot of places I guess. The two used 308's I have seen with 16" barrels were both below three hundred. Just they are few and far between, Have seen one actual saiga here in town at the two stores. The price for used ak rifles is cheap here too. There is a chinese ak hunter in 7.62x39(closest gun to a valmet hunter you can get, milled receiver 20in barrel) for two fifty.

Hopefully the importer with adiquate supply(wish there were dunnams near here, moving lots of guns, saigas included, or good prices) will move the market down again, and I will be able to get another one or two rifles to do some converting without feeling too much pain in the wallet.

+1 on what Unknown Poster said. Everybody laughed at me when I called the Saiga a "tac driver" when I first took it to the range, fresh out of the box. Luckily, I have 3 Dunhams stores near me....And Cabela's about 45 mins. away. I have never owned a greater rifle than the Saiga (AR included) Although the Saiga is not technicly as acurate as a Bushy or Armalite, its 1/5 the price and loads of fun to modify! I love the cheap ammo, I love the way it shoots and the way it looks. I love the way its built, functions and field strips. I bought this rifle because I could tell it was an AK variant, it had a chrome lined bore and it was cheap. Once I found this website, it was magic! The guy who sold me my Saiga at Dunhams is considering buying one from his brother for $110.00 I told him to buy it and run! Then I gave him the web address to this forum. He said that Dunhams does not plan on getting Saigas again unless they strike a deal over Century Arms for them. They are the biggest local sorce for vintage firearms (Mitchells Mausers) now, as well as Century Arms: Fal, AR, Tommy, Wasr....etc. Maybe Century will gain an interest in the Saiga?

I would look for a used saiga in pawn shops and gun shops in the used racks you just never know what will turn up. One of my local dealers never scalped the new ones even when the supply was running out the prices stayed the same on new saiga's and the extra mags too. Another gun shop near me has the used ones lately and they pass them on cheaper as used guns. So far no scalping yet.

I have no clue as to why these guys are trading in their saiga's? The Saiga would be the last gun i would get rid of.

Edited by Unknown Poster