Concerned about wear on my new saiga 12

Hello forum users, long time lurker but first time poster. I recently purchased a Saiga 12 about 3 months ago and have become troubled with what I think is abnormal wear. It is a 2011 model with 3 gas ports. I've fired about 250 rounds of various bird shot (it cycles most 1 1/8 oz) and about 50 rounds of slug and buckshot. I browsed the forums and couldn't really find any information on my specific problem so here goes:

It looks like the area where the bolt head and extractor ride up on the inside of the receiver (I suck at words, so i uploaded pictures) there is some wear and tear. Now, I understand any area with moving parts is obviously going to show signs of wear, but right where the bolt head meets this area it basically looks like someone took a file and shaved it a little bit. It has a rough texture to the touch and the pictures don't really do it justice.

My question is, is this normal wear and tear, or some sort of problem with the dimensions of my bolt head/extractor? I'm no gun expert, but in my head, if this continues that part will wear down into a nub and I assume I'll have serious trouble with extracting rounds. I really want to go ahead and convert this, buy some drum mags, and turn this into the beast it's meant to be, but if this is a serious problem I might just give up on my Saiga 12. I paid an arm and a leg for this thing (when I really should've saved that money) and am starting to wonder if I should just sell it to someone else.

Thanks, all comments and help are appreciated.

post-44820-0-43276600-1350281344_thumb.jpg

post-44820-0-31733100-1350283166_thumb.jpg

Edited by bitters

looks like a modified tapco g2 trigger. that bump must be removed or the hammer wont hit firing pin....

??? it's still in factory "sporterized" condition. Maybe my arrows were kind of half assed, I'm talking about where the bolt head rides against the receiver.

EDIT: changed images to better illustrate my concerns.

Edited by bitters

When I first got my S12 I took it apart. When putting it back together I did not align the bolt. I went to put the carrier back in like I always did with other AKs. I got the damn thing all jammed up on that area and liked to never got it unjammed. When I finally did that area was all fucked. Needless to say I felt like an idiot. "I just fucked up my new 12ga AK." All I did was file it smooth where I created a burr, and it has been good to go ever sence. That was in 08' and I have shot the thing thousands of times. So don't worry. I will post a pic later if I remember.

When I first got my S12 I took it apart. When putting it back together I did not align the bolt. I went to put the carrier back in like I always did with other AKs. I got the damn thing all jammed up on that area and liked to never got it unjammed. When I finally did that area was all fucked. Needless to say I felt like an idiot. "I just fucked up my new 12ga AK." All I did was file it smooth where I created a burr, and it has been good to go ever sence. That was in 08' and I have shot the thing thousands of times. So don't worry. I will post a pic later if I remember.

Well that is defiantly reassuring, I haven't had any issues like that, it's just a little rough edge. Thanks for your input, can't wait to convert mine, this was the only thing holding me back.

Don't go filing on everything just because it's rough. You file the wrong thing and your gun may stop running or even blow up. Be sure you know exactly what you are doing. There are plenty of threads where people screwed up pretty badly.

That said, read up. Soot the thing stock a few hundred times and make sure it is running very well before conversion. Then dive in!

Also, if it's a 2011 model I would be very surprised if there was not a fourth port very near the muzzle end of the gas block port opening. Mine is a 2011 also. Four ports.

Don't go filing on everything just because it's rough. You file the wrong thing and your gun may stop running or even blow up. Be sure you know exactly what you are doing. There are plenty of threads where people screwed up pretty badly.

That said, read up. Soot the thing stock a few hundred times and make sure it is running very well before conversion. Then dive in!

Also, if it's a 2011 model I would be very surprised if there was not a fourth port very near the muzzle end of the gas block port opening. Mine is a 2011 also. Four ports.

Oh yeah, I am not the type to do any serious fixing or modifying myself. Hmm... maybe I should take it apart and see if the fourth port is blocked. Thank you for the heads up. The gun doesn't function flawlessly, but it will cycle #7 Winchester Super Target birdshot (which surprised me). #8 of the same brand fails 100% of the time though.