Tromix Rifled Barrel

Last night was an awesome episode of Sons of Guns. The Saiga 12 was again the focus of the show. Tony Rumore got several plugs from Will about all the work he has led the way on concerning the S12. One of the weapons that was built featured a rifled barrel supplied by Tromix. Back on July 18 Tony made an announcement that Tromix would indeed be producing rifled barrels for the S12. I've been jonesin for one since that day. Do you have any mores news for us Tony? Concerning the release date etc, etc, etc.

• Like 1

The barrel blank supplier(s) are a bit of a hurdle. Pricing is pretty high and the lead times are over a year......and that's for a smooth bore. I am working on another source that has blanks in stock, but I need some samples in here to confirm they will work. If so, we could have smooth bores in 90 days.

As for the rifled blanks.....that's stalled out, due to the price of rifled blanks being over $300. That is what I used on the two prototypes.

Tony

Yes, I think once we have the smooth bores rolling off the CNC, it should not be a big deal to toss a rifled blank into the mix if we already have a buyer for it.

Tony

I've been waiting over a year for you to say that. I'd like a rifled barrel also.

Yes, I think once we have the smooth bores rolling off the CNC, it should not be a big deal to toss a rifled blank into the mix if we already have a buyer for it.

Tony

Great news on the barrels Tony. Wondering what kind of a blank you start? I remember it discussed in an earlier thread that it apparently doesn't need to be forged, depending on the metal. (You know how the S12 is touted as having a "chrome lined, hammer forged barrel")