she has arrived

PapaZorra, You should never shoot slugs through a choke anyways. Unless it is specific for chokes. A slug through a choke will cause damage.

Where did you hear this? I have shot slugs through choked guns without a problem for a long time.

Think about it. The slug is the size of the barrel. Yet the choke is smaller...Some chokes are fine. But I wouldnt suggest anything bigger than full or above. If you are using soft lead slugs you probably wont notice anything short term. But it will likely deform the slug or over time the choke if using harder slugs. If you must use a choke it is mostly suggested to keep to Imp cyl.

It clearly states in my lee 1oz slug mold instructions that they can be shot through chokes up to I believe full. It actually says it will improve accuracy.

PapaZorra, You should never shoot slugs through a choke anyways. Unless it is specific for chokes. A slug through a choke will cause damage.

Where did you hear this? I have shot slugs through choked guns without a problem for a long time.

Think about it. The slug is the size of the barrel. Yet the choke is smaller...Some chokes are fine. But I wouldnt suggest anything bigger than full or above. If you are using soft lead slugs you probably wont notice anything short term. But it will likely deform the slug or over time the choke if using harder slugs. If you must use a choke it is mostly suggested to keep to Imp cyl.

It clearly states in my lee 1oz slug mold instructions that they can be shot through chokes up to I believe full. It actually says it will improve accuracy.

Like I said. Soft lead.

I prefer not to shoot slugs out of my chokes. Matter of preference and personal experience with accuracy. It is a factor. To each his own.