Saiga 410 -

$160ish wholesale, tack on $30-50 for final price with dealer transfer and shipping.

Same receiver, yes.

P-grip conversion possible, yes.

Legal, NO.

20rd mags... Can you imagine how low the thing would hang?

I'm trying to find out if the 410's bolt is as strong as the 7.62, cause if so it could handle the pressures of 444 Marlin, which is a conversion I'd like to do and it would probably work with the same magazine.

I know I once asked how old you were, and I forget now, but a word of advice is that some guns look and feel cool but the attention you give to their "cool" factors is misapplied. Especially if you want to convert one against the law.

Bottom line is listen and learn, and realize that you have a lot to learn. We've all been there and an open growing mind will make the difference between making the most of your youth and getting yourself into trouble before you get the chance to learn.

Be thankful for everything you have and don't for a moment think taht you lack something that'll be fulfilled by a new cool gun. Trust me, I've been there.

A .410 is NOT considered a shotgun gauge. It can't be, otherwise the Thunder Five revolver (pictured below) would be considered a short barrelled shotgun because it is under 26" overall and has a 3" barrel. But these guns are legal handguns.

post-8-1086440380.jpg

"Shotgun not deemed to have sporting purpose" From definitions section of destructive devices.'The secretary 'is the only one who decides-if the secretary says no sporting purpose,that makes it a'destructive device'. Us mere mortals are aparently incapable of deciding these weighty matters.Sleep tight america 'the secretary is protecting us from the need to think!

G O B

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest
Do you have an FFL and smithing license?

what is a smithing license? there in no fediral law stoping me from making my sears pump action shot gun into a PG. there is no law stoping me from making a PG shotgun from parts at home. there is no law stoping me from making a hand gun at home. i will be legaly making a .45 at my houes.

making a shotgun no longer have a sholder stock will not change the clasifacion of the weapon.

• 3 months later...
There is NO law saying that 12 or 20ga shotguns can't take >5rd mags. They just aren't imported for business reasons.

I have no idea about the whole .410 being a shotgun or not issue, but it is illegal to attach a magazine of greater than 5 rounds to an imported shotgun, semiauto or otherwise. Per the ATF:

A shotgun having a magazine capacity of more than 5 shells is prohibited from importation as a sporting firearm under Title 18 United States Code (U. S. C.), 925(d)(3). Therefore it is a violation Title 18, U. S. C. 922 ® to assemble such a shotgun from imported parts as provided in Title 27, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Part 479 (formerly Part 178) 478.39.