Do you have a sbs saiga?

If you do, and have cutted the end of the barrel, would you sell that piece?

I'm designing a new muzzle break with a polychoke, and need the threaded piece to check how it screws.

Will send a free prototype once finished.

A piece of barrel, is just that. Not a gun part.

I'm just needing three inches at the most.

No chamber or pins to attach it to a frame, so it will show that it is deactivated.

It may also have aditional holes to show that it will not be used in a gun .

I'm thining about having my Saiga made into a SBS. Of course I want it all legal. Does anyone have any experience good or bad with the venders that do custom work like that here?

You can PM me if you don't want your info published. Just looking for some good leads you know what I mean?

Thanks

I'm thining about having my Saiga made into a SBS. Of course I want it all legal. Does anyone have any experience good or bad with the venders that do custom work like that here?

what are you wanting? if it's a simple conversion to pistol grip, then you can do that yourself with just a few simple hand tools that everybody has in their garage/basement and some parts you can order on-line. there are all sorts of tutorials here and on YOU TUBE that goes step-by-step on how to do that. it took me less then couple hors do do that.

as for cutting down the barrel, after you get your form 1 back, you can do that yourself, as long as you don't go less then 12". anything less then that then you have to monkey around with moving the gas block drilling new port holes.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

Thanks Matther H,

I was really wanting a full blown 12" folding stock the whole nine yards. I've heard that even at 12" you have to do some gas porting work and i'm not willing to do that on my own. BUT your saying if I keep it over 12 there shouldn't be an issue. right?

I've heard that even at 12" you have to do some gas porting work and i'm not willing to do that on my own. BUT your saying if I keep it over 12 there shouldn't be an issue. right?

I have mine cut down to 13inches, and have no issues

if you go with a US pistol grip (1), handguard (1), US mag (3), US buttstock (1), you will have enough US parts in it for 922r for pistol grip configuration. then you can reuse the original disconnector, hammer and get a foreign trigger, which is ultra cheap, and the only trigger part that would need to be profiled using the existing trigger as a template. this way you can shoot the thing, while waiting on the form 1 to come back, in about 6 months. that is what I did. I even reused the existing trigger guard.

then all you need to do is cut the barrel down.

SAIGA_12_SBS_13inch_BARREL1.JPG

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

Thanks Matther H,

I was really wanting a full blown 12" folding stock the whole nine yards. I've heard that even at 12" you have to do some gas porting work and i'm not willing to do that on my own. BUT your saying if I keep it over 12 there shouldn't be an issue. right?

Thanks Matther H,

You might get away with doing nothing except a chop, if you only want to run slugs and buck, but the weapon will likely not cycle light loads.