Problem with my MD Arms 20 round drum.......

Gave the factory regulator and puck a try with no luck. Is there any modification I could do to the autoplug to send more gas into the puck chamber or is the design as such that it already is and the spring adjustment controls the release with higher power loads?

I think what my problem is I just need to reduce friction in the gun. Where does the first 1/2" or so of friction when you pull back the bolt come from inside the gun?

bolt lugs

look inside the receiver with the mags out while you pull the CH back.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

Well I profiled the bolt, carrier and hammer a little to see if that would help. It didn't allow me to use low power federal bulk from Walmart in my drum but it did make it real easy now to snap a clip in on closed bolt. I guess I am just destined to use my drum for the higher power loads. I tried loading the drum on a closed bolt and it would not do it. There was about a 3/32" in the back that kept it from snapping in. I could round the corner like the MD20 manual suggests but since my drum with no modification already snaps in with an open bolt I am afraid it could cause problems.