A couple of questions about my new Saiga 223 Sweetie !

OP here again. I'm gonna order the stiffer recoil spring. Can one of you verify that I'm getting the right part.

Brownells part# 969-000-172WB AK-47 XP Recoil Spring Mfg Part# 85276 $15.99

http://www.brownells...-prod24714.aspx

While I'm at it, is there anything else I should consider from Brownells? Suggestions?

Thanks Guys,

Don <><

Edited by genesis5521

OP here again. I just bought a Tapco Intrafuse handguard from one of our members. So when I install it, I can use 30 round SGM mags, and be 922 compliant. Is this correct?

Are these the mags I need? http://www.saiga-12....prod=SSGMP22330

Thanks guys,

Don <><

Yes to both questions.

• 2 weeks later...
There is only one xp 47 spring

OP here. Just received and installed the stiffer recoil spring. Thank God for YouTube videos on how to do this. It was a bit of a chore, but I got'r done. The new 30 round Sure Fire mags fit tight, but they fit. Don't see any need to file on them at this point.

Don <><

• 2 weeks later...
Same here, mancat I love how nato shoots in this rig but! it look like no more lake city 193, seems the army is moving to the 855m steel tip stuff anyone shot it?

All the 5.56 I shot in mine gave me a nice show at dusk.

I went the buffer route . I shoot mostly Wolf 75gr .223 since my AR has a 1 to 7 twist and I always get the ammo for it . The Saiga is 1 to 9 twist but it shoots the 75gr ammo perfectly so I use the same ammo on both rifles . Some times I also use 62gr . Now , going back to the topic , instead of a stronger recoil spring I got a buffer . I also use a buffer on my PSL , so I followed the same line of thought . The two buffers have not given me a single problem at all either on my PSL or on the Saiga . I have them mostly out of "just in case" the bolt cut hit the trunnion . Both rifles function very smooth with the buffer and so far I am pleased .

Edited by josey88