UPS almost gave me a heart attack!

Hey fellas!

I picked up 3 of those Romy drums from Apex Guns and when I checked the tracking status it showed delivered (Left on front porch) yesterday. I called home to confirm and no package found on porch. I called UPS and was asked what was in the box. When I told the rep what it was he put me on hold for about 15mins, then came back and said I would need to call the Shipper to file a report for missing merchandise. This morning the box was found at the front gate out in the open. Looks like the gate was open and the box slid in with gate closed behind it. This is a chain link fence by the way so you can see right through it.

I suspect he left it on somebody else porch and they dropped it off. What do you think happend on this deal?

Your guess is probably right. I've had UPS leave a package at my door before that should've gone several houses down. I just took it down to the right house, but then again I'm an honest guy. Someone could've had your three drum mags. Average person wouldn't know what they are, though.

Thank god for that! From now on I will be sending packages like that to the local UPS office so that it can be picked up in person.

Your guess is probably right. I've had UPS leave a package at my door before that should've gone several houses down. I just took it down to the right house, but then again I'm an honest guy. Someone could've had your three drum mags. Average person wouldn't know what they are, though.

Edited by LOVE MY SAIGA!

Thanks God for honest neighbors. I would call UPS back and tell them it was left on the wrong porch and your neighbor delivered it to you. Regardless of if you know that for sure. At least they might tell the driver to "double check" numbers.

Thanks for the advice and I did have that on my mind! I am just weiry that the driver might try to get even on the next package. On the other hand, I am going to have my packages sent to the local office from now on so it wont matter. Any who I am just glad my babbies are safe and sound.

Three weeks ago I had a similar UPS delivery experience: 1,000 rounds of 5.56 was delivered to a home in my subdivision one block down the street from me. Fortunately for me, my neighbors are honest and within the hour of the delivery, the neighbor (who I did not personally know) tracked down my telephone number and contacted me to come pick-up the mis-delivery.

With USPS I can understand to a degree, but UPS or FedEx, this shit is inexcusable.

I ordered some car parts last week, and they DID get delivered to my house, but the lazy driver didn't even bother to ring the bell or knock. I saw the email delivery notification before I knew the boxes were here... rolleyes.gif

UPS is chronic for their "Forge sig, drop and run" deliveries, even on stuff that requires an adult sig under Federal law. I've had them pull that shit many times over the years, at various addresses.

Yep, I have had many packages left, even ones that require some one to sign, more time than I can count I have heard a knock...knock. Go to the door and see him driving away not 20 seconds from the time he knocked. Look down and there be my mail!

knock and run....

I called UPS and told them a couple of times. They said I was there and signed for it. I wasn't even in the state one of those times.

Liars.

A friend sent a kaboomed! Blackhawk 44mag to Ruger to be repaired, and it disappeared en route to Ruger. Tracking showed it getting partway on its journey, then it just never made the next leg. Many months later, he got the ins money for it.

Beware UPS. I use them when I have no other choice.