BHO lever works without Spring

After completed an S-12 conversion, the BHO spring poped off the ledge. I then realized that the lever will work without the spring installed. If the bolt is retracted and you push the lever up, it locks the bolt. To release the bold simply pull the bolt handle back a little more and manually pull the lever that protrudes through the receiver down and release the bolt and it travels forward. A quick solution, if you pop the spring and still want to be able to lock the bolt in the rear position and then release it. Eventually, I will get around to removing the FCG and reinstalling the spring.

Yeah... It sure does work without the spring. Works real well, even without engaging it. Works great to jam up in the action while firing.

WTF?

Let me guess... Next there's gonna be a thread talking about no need for mag springs so long as we hold the guns upside down? :/

Sorry for the snarky tone, but this type of half assery (especially when I see it from people posing as "professionals") just annoys the hell out of me.

Eventually, I will get around to removing the FCG and reinstalling the spring.

Just use a small screwdriver to lift the spring leg up (press the blade against the side of the receiver as you lift) then when the leg's high enough, press the BHO against the receiver and release the spring so it falls on the BHO's dog ear.

Tilting it up first and notching the BHO will prevent the failure in the future.

Untitled-5.jpg