Photo
- - - - -

Midwest AK-SS modified to fit Vepr

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SquidKitten

SquidKitten

Not ready reading drive C: Abort, Retry, Fail?

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

Title says it all. Had to take ~25 thou off each side (overkill) and ~30 thou off the top bracket, but it fits now, nice and snug. If you have a MI handguard laying around and access to a vertical mill, this is no sweat.

My Vepr is now 922r compliant, between the FCG, flash hider, and handguard. Woo!

Posted Image

#2 n16ht5

n16ht5

• 9 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

nice. side folder now ??? :)

#3 SquidKitten

SquidKitten

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

I live in Michigan... I'll have to measure, but if I'm not mistaken, a sidefolder would make this into a pistol... and that whole legal hoopla is a bit muddled for me to feel like wading into...

I'd settle for a good skeleton stock, even if it didn't fold. Best bet for what I want would be one of the Bonesteel folders... but $$$...

#4 draftpick

draftpick

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:12 AM

Title says it all. Had to take ~25 thou off each side (overkill) and ~30 thou off the top bracket, but it fits now, nice and snug. If you have a MI handguard laying around and access to a vertical mill, this is no sweat.

My Vepr is now 922r compliant, between the FCG, flash hider, and handguard. Woo!

Posted Image

how about a pic?

#5 SquidKitten

SquidKitten

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

how about a pic?

A pic of the mods? I'd have to take it all back apart to get at it, but next time I clean my rifle (REAL cleaning, not just boresnake), I'll put one up.

#6 Mountain Man

Mountain Man

The Question Guy

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

Vepr2.jpg

Did you modify it for a Version 1 or 2? What Caliber? Do you have any more pics? Thanks!

The most trite and tired notion among AK owners, is that you somehow need to keep or make your AK proper, correct, or original. This is America not the Combloc, we don't need to conform, assimilate, or suckle the teat of those who would oppose original ideas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users