Who has a cheap waste of $$? I mean drum...

Ive been looking at drums for awhile, but have been putting it off because they are essentially a waste of money. Three mags will feed more ammo, more reliably, for a fraction of the cost. I was gonna get a drum in a year or two when I had a few bucks to burn, purely as a looks-awesome range toy.

Now, it looks like I may not have the chance, so I wanna get this soon. Ive read that the chinese and romanians are the best, so im looking for one of those. I checked a few sites but cant find any.

Has anyone seen any of these 75-rnd drums for a decent price? Looking to get one ASAP, before my Discover online cashback runs out ;)

I just went to CDNN, because, that's where I got mine. The entire site has been taken offline due to a HUGE increase in sales. They state that they've had to bring employees in early, and, work late in order to get an upper hand on the situation. Till then All internet sales have been temporarily suspended.

Hey, thanks a lot Obongo!

Merry Xmas, asshole.

Edited by John U.

Buds has been down every day for the last few days. Its killing me cause i wanna pay my rifle off. I dont even wanna think about how long its gonna take to get shipped, then through my FFL. Before this started he was usually backlogged because hes cheaper than anyone else.

I know I shoulda just bought 9 steel mags, or 15 tapcos, but I really wanted a drum. :P

That, King of The Hill, is a direct score.

Proper loading seems to be the big bugaboo when the drum fails to perform as advertised.

I doubt they'd have been in use (with a military) for very long if they were inherently flawed and failed to perform.

Soldiers tend to "lose" things that don't work.

Yet, I see those Middle Eastern, rag tag insurgents, using them.

And, I've also seen at least one spectacular FAIL on youtube when one guy did the fasted mag dump I've ever seen.

He went to shoot, and, the drum's door opened up and dropped every last round on the ground. Knee slappin' funny!

Eh, picked up a chinese 75 round for under $80. If there's no ban and I like it, I may grab a Romanian style next year. Also grabbed a 40 round steel for $20. These on my saiga m-series w/bipod should give me a semi-RPK type build. But better looking and more comfortable.

Let me know how that bipod in prone position works with the 40 round mag.

I have never had a drum jam. I have never heard of anyone having problems with them, when loaded properly.

Only ones I heard of trouble out of were the S Korean drums from a few years ago. I ordered some 30 round SK mags last year(the gray ones, when they were $5 a pop), and had to change the followers on half of them. Seems their QC was on vacation for a bit. Some would hold 30+1 or 2, and the rest would stop loading at round 27 or 28.

The Chinese drum is a good one, with the Romanian being a close second. I had one for a bit, but traded it for a case of Yugo M67 at the fun show over the summer. It was a fun range toy, but made the rifle unstable for shoulder firing due to weight.

Yeah, its just gonna be a range toy. I guess I could use it in my 22" as a "bug-in" type deal, if the chitown exurbs ever get overrun by invading communists, but seems unlikely.

I like the way the rommys look, with the tilt up, I imagine they have better ground clearance? If I like this chinese one I may look into a rommy, dunno if I really need 2 though.

• 2 weeks later...