Tromix Monster vs. CSS Vepr 12 (molot) brake

I recently sold my tromix mini monster and would like to upgrade to one of these. Looking for advantages/disadvantages to each. I know the monster is known for good recoil reduction. So far I see that the monster is almost twice as heavy. I am going to cut the barrel down and permanently attach the muzzle brake to 18.5", so my next concern is flash and blow back. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I've got the Monster on a cut 18.5

Excellent recoil reduction. My wife can put 100 rounds of 00 downrange w/o problem.

Provides excellent muzzle control -- drum dumps can easily be held on target.

It does throw gases back towards you and out to the sides -- my wifes hair gets blown when she stands beside it while I shoot, I enjoy it because it enhances the entire "this is a big badass shotgun" experience I'm lookin for when I go out to shoot it.

Also due to the actual 12.5 inch barrel (with the 6 inch Tromix Monster permanently attached), if you like large fireballs blowing out the end of your barrel, well all I can say is that you will not be disappointed.

Finally it just looks fantastic -- the last comment I got on my shotty was: "Damn, that shotgun just looks mean!" I took it as a compliment.

with all due respect ,guys Molot is better brake for Saiga12, tried my friend's Monster and its fine ,but if you shoot Molot after that you'll see and feel the difference

6.jpg

200 rounds slugs and 00,i would do more but reloading 10 rounds mags is a pain in the ass .Kalifornia suck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiliTdiXpOE&feature=player_embedded

Edited by atakacorp

I just bought the Molot styloe brake myself after reading many threads on the subject. The only thing about it is it's massive size in addition to it's length which is shorter then the monster brake. itis 1 1/2 inches in diameter where it fits over the barrel. I ended up machining my own FSB because none of the ones I found looked right with this brake. I have not shot it yet but I will in a few days I do expect it to work great from everything I have read. It it reputed to be the best!

post-44856-0-09758200-1356482249_thumb.jpg

Edited by misterT

I just bought the Molot styloe brake myself after reading many threads on the subject. The only thing about it is it's massive size in addition to it's length which is shorter then the monster brake. itis 1 1/2 inches in diameter where it fits over the barrel.

is it a Molot style brake that were at CCS not the original Molot right?