Saiga .308 conversion to Saiga 12 trigger group

Hey fellas,

I talked to my gunsmith and he said he can measure the holes and cut them for the trigger group but I gotta put the trigger group in. The thing is, I like the feel of the Saiga 12 trigger group better than the .308 trigger group. Mainly, 'cause it pulls more like a regular AK trigger rather than up and back. So, I figure I'll use my unconverted S-.308 as a test subject for a trigger group transplant and see how it shoots. As far as I can tell, no one's done this, so as far as I can tell I'm breaking new ground on this. What'd you think?

Let me see if I get this straight....

you are going to REVERSE engineer the .308 saiga by drilling in the rivet holes that ALL the other saigas have in the receiver, to put in a "STOCK" Saiga "pivot trigger" system into the .308, so its like all the other factory saigas, as far as how the trigger system works.

Is that correct?

why not just go PG and use the G2 trigger and be done with it?

:smoke:

'Cause I already got a pistol gripped S-.308, and I like the feel of the rifle stock on my other .308, just not the trigger group. It's a little bit of a sacrifice on both ends, but if it works out I'll have the rifle stock I want and a lot better trigger group, in my opinion.

I think the solution to the whole .308 problem would be converting to a thumbhole stock and an ajustable trigger. I just am afraid if I screw with mine it wont feel the same. Its just right with the wood buttstock. When I converted my 7.62x39 it made it feel short and awkward to shoot. It's a little better now with the ACE folder on it. I got the longest one.

I understand why you want to do this, It will make the trigger more krisp to shoot, the way the 308 hangs up its weird to shoot, I have a Ak hunter that does the same thing, moves up more than it moves back. Its proably not so bad to do just would get my hands on rifle with the transfer system to pattern off of and make sure that you harden the new pivot holes.

I am just thinking if it is or not, I have both but never had both guns out at the same time, but they both use a long trigger that moves upward rather than back, There is ak hunter at a pawn shop here in town that I was toying with buying, for building a rpk some time, they have milled receivers and 20" barrels. the price is right but you will have to press a new rear site on the thing.