This article literally made me break out in a sweat! This would be our worst freaking nightmare if it actually happened, and George Soros has the money to do it, should he decide to!

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/27/opinion/macintosh-gun-firm-takeover/index.html

"Ethical" gun sales?! WTF??

The upcoming sale by Cerberus Capital of the Freedom Group, the largest gun manufacturer in the United States, is a perfect opportunity to usher in this new era of muscular, socially responsible capitalism:

First, Michael Bloomberg, George Soros, David Geffen and the like should establish a nonprofit SPAC (Special-Purpose-Acquisition-Company) called BidForFreedom.org (BFF) with a mission to reduce needless deaths through gun violence in the United States and encourage the passage of sensible gun control regulations.

They should appoint George Clooney, Angelina Jolie and Matt Damon to the fundraising committee and recruit a loud-mouthed, poison-penned, but good-hearted activist hedge fund titan as chief investment officer (Bill Ackman? Dan Loeb?).

Edited by Ronin38

The author is retarded.

Even "social activist" investors aren't likely to purchase profitable corporations with the intent of ruining them, no matter how much you think they would like to see the end result of a gun ban. They might as well just take their money and burn it, because it will have the same effect.

Should that happen, someone else will simply take the place of largest gun manufacturer in the US. It's that whole capitalism thing in effect.

• Like 1
I hope they do it. For every gun maker they buy and destroy another 2 will spring up.

Why would you "hope" that a well established, successful business would be destroyed? :unsure:

I would suspect with this administration, that any new attempts at starting a firearms manufacturer would meet with denial of permits and "zoning issues"...

Don't be so quick to assume that 2 more would be allowed to spring up. excl.png

Edited by Ronin38

If my enemy has a plan and it's a stupid plan, then yes I hope they do.

But if it makes you feel a little better I don't literally hope for gun makers to be bought and shut down. I hope they put their money and effort into stupid plans that won't work. Panties a little less wadded now?

And the administration has no control over local zoning. There will always be places happy to have a new business.

What the administration can and WILL do is make new rules by executive order that have the full power of law without needing congress at all. That is what I hope he WON'T do, but I don't see anything stopping him.

Edited by Darth Saigus

I hope they do it. For every gun maker they buy and destroy another 2 will spring up.

yup!

Wrong!!!!!!

Why would any sensible business spend millions of dollars for an up start firearms business with this administration?

Don't forget Obama will likely appoint two new liberal Supreme Court justices before he leaves office.

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Edited by Jetmech

You chicken littles are afraid the sky will fall but you don't seem to know it's already falling.

Soros doesn't need to spend a penny. It's a done deal. He invested his money getting emperor hussein reelected by the wellfare masses, and he got his money's worth.

The gun makers won't be bought so don't worry. They will simply cease to exist with the stroke of a pen.

yup!

Wrong!!!!!!

Why would any sensible business spend millions of dollars for an up start firearms business with this administration?

Don't forget Obama will likely appoint two new liberal Supreme Court justices before he leaves office.

The wants of a few judges does not outweigh the will and rights of We The People.

yup!

Wrong!!!!!!

The wants of a few judges does not outweigh the will and rights of We The People.

"We The People" are the ones who voted this liberal President into office.

• Like 1

yup!

Wrong!!!!!!

You mean like obamacare?

Most people are not upset about Obamacare. Because we do not know what its about yet. Even Congress that voted for it does not know what Obamacare is about.

What congress knows is that it is a shit sandwich that they don't have to eat because they are exempt.

The reason they don't fight to have it repealed.

Insurance company's and hospitals love it because they make more while we deal with a shortage of doctors and the people with work ethics pay a shit ton more for less coverage.

• Like 1