Saiga 12 Optics Rail

So I'm nearly finished with my Saiga 12. I've come across the Texas Weapon Systems Dog Leg Rail for the AKs and Rifles, is there anything available like this for the Saiga 12 so that I can rear mount an EOTech 512? I know I could use a Chaos Titan Quad Rail but not really interested in all of that just needing the rear rail. The TWS rail would be perfect if made for the Saiga 12. Thanks.

swimbikerun247 said, "The TWS rail would be perfect if made for the Saiga 12".

I thought the side rail included on every Saiga 12 was perfectly made for the Saiga 12?

This rail is what I, other members, and Russians use so that is probably you best option (IMO) for mounting optics.

post-45752-0-94207500-1357015125.jpg

swimbikerun247 said, "The TWS rail would be perfect if made for the Saiga 12".

I thought the side rail included on every Saiga 12 was perfectly made for the Saiga 12?

This rail is what I, other members, and Russians use so that is probably you best option (IMO) for mounting optics.

My Saiga 12 has no side rail.

The side rail that swimbikerun247 refers to is a plate riveted to the left side of the receiver at the factory when

the firearm was made (see pic attached). It is NOT a Picatinny rail or any other kind of rail to which you would

directly attach your optics. The Kalinka mount shown in sweetcostarica's post, or others like it attach to that

factory plate and your optics attach to it. Some mounts, in addition to having a rail on top, also have one on the

side. Some mounts sit very close to the top of the dust cover so you can keep your optics low above your bore

centerline but may interfere with the removal of the dust cover. Some mounts use a quick-release latch to attach

to the plate. If your firearm did indeed ship without that plate, or it was removed by somebody, I've seen them for

sale on some websites for installation on your receiver. Did that info help?

post-45364-0-67316000-1357268022_thumb.jpg

So I'm nearly finished with my Saiga 12. I've come across the Texas Weapon Systems Dog Leg Rail for the AKs and Rifles, is there anything available like this for the Saiga 12 so that I can rear mount an EOTech 512? I know I could use a Chaos Titan Quad Rail but not really interested in all of that just needing the rear rail. The TWS rail would be perfect if made for the Saiga 12. Thanks.

Cobra and Tromix have a picatinny rail for the top cover. That's a much nicer solution than that dumb side rail.

Some of the new S12's have been showing up without a side rail, and if you have one I'd recommend taking it off.

just get the UTG Quad rail - $99, comes with short and long rail for you to choose, I use the short top rail, I mount a RDS and it works great.

(also seen here - Mississippi Arms barrel shroud to protect barrel, TapCo stock. SightMark RDS)

230113_10151504636298154_1705231197_n.jp

You will replace the forearm, it installs like a clam, and all alum. construction. They include rubber grip panels!.

Side rail was such a pain in the ass on a mosin nagent and AK- just did not even bother on the Saiga ...

Edited by DNR