loaded mag in closed postion no cant chamber round

Something is wrong... A round should chamber from just about any mag with only a single round loaded in it.

Does the bolt cycle cleanly without a mag in the well?

If yes: Have you consulted the dealer you purchased it from? Any dealer with squat should be able to help you out since it is a brand new gun.

Uh.....Did you make sure its not hitting the safety?? Can you lock the bolt, insert a mag and chamber a round?

Welcome to the forum and way to go becoming a contributor first thing. Some guys been here a LONG time still are not contributors.

yes it does cycle with bolt in open postion.... but i was refering to videos and peeps experinces online my problem is only when bolt is closed and mag inserted i can not charge the charging handle to load the round... i can put mag in with bolt in closed postion but once in and lock i can not pull charging handle back to chamber the round again this is only with the bolt in closed postion..

yes safety was off and thank you i only thought it was right to contribute to all of this woundrfull knowledge and the way its organized :)

Well, I'm no pro, but just to make sure I'm not crazy I *just* loaded 2 x 2 3/4" Winchesters into the stock mag, inserted the mag on the closed bolt, and the charging handled pulled back like butter and sounded like a big AK (which it is, god love it) when I let the handle go. My S-12 is as stock as the day it was born (just ordered my conversion parts).

Like I said... It's a brand new gun. Don't F around with it. Take it back to the dealer and get help at the point of sale. You have a warranty. For what these things are going for today you bought some service to go with the gun.

If that isn't an option for some reason, those much more skilled than I can probably help you. I can tell you that mine works as I've described.

Are you applying your man-strength to it? There's going to be more resistance with a shell under the carrier than none... just yank that bitch back. There's nothing you can break by hand on the gun. There's no conceivable way that a shell in the mag would prevent the carrier from moving... at least what I can think of. What kind of ammunition is it?

• Like 1

Risky Risky Risky you got it i just went and try what you said and i maned up on the russian beast and sure a S*** it rack and charge the round.... thanks everyone for the imput this is why i joined this forum asap.... also this gun has never been fired so everything is still super tight and a was to go before breaking in... i have alot of stuff coming for it incase it wont run properly as well as some cosmedic stuff rails breaks you all know the drill on these things i have been reading no stop on this beast.... Again thanks again

Uhhh.. My bolt racks and strips the next round almost like there is no magazine in the gun. There is no need to be a man about pulling my bolt back. It's as smooth as my AK rifle and quite possibly less effort than my Glock 21. Maybe its simply tolerance stack between guns?

This might be a late question, but have you cleaned and oiled the gun properly since you unpacked it? Might be some BS on the bolt. Mine wasn't overrun with cosmo like a surplus gun when I bought it, but there was some in it.

Risky Risky Risky you got it i just went and try what you said and i maned up on the russian beast and sure a S*** it rack and charge the round.... thanks everyone for the imput this is why i joined this forum asap.... also this gun has never been fired so everything is still super tight and a was to go before breaking in... i have alot of stuff coming for it incase it wont run properly as well as some cosmedic stuff rails breaks you all know the drill on these things i have been reading no stop on this beast.... Again thanks again

I thought that might be that case but figured you would have gave it a good hard yank at least once! I know would have. laugh.png

Just remember to make sure it will at least run Federal bulk pack properly befor swapping stuff out on it.

Keep reading everything you ever need to know is already here!!

I had the same issue with two 5 round pro mags. The spring guides that hang off the follower were to long and did'nt allow enough room once inserted to rack the bolt.With 5 loaded there was almost no room to compress the top shell. Riped the plastic and brass off the shell when man streangth was used to charge the gun. Some trimming of the follower fixxed it. Sounds like you just have a virgin. Just an FYI if you have any of those pro mag 5 rounders. There should be enough room for 3/4 of a shell in a full mag when you push on the top shell.

Edited by rnemhrd

nice good to know i didnt know that about the promags i have a few ten rder on order and couple drums with promag not sure how long it will take to get but i figured i had to get a back order in somewhere before i cant get em. well guys i just got back from test firing this s-12 and it did not performe like i hoped it would. Gun is complety stock only trigger and pistol grip covertion done so far

any ideas what i should do or change

Federal bulk pack 7 1/2 shot would fire but not extrac round action seemed short

Speer Lawman 00 buck look like action was cycleing carrier back further but still no extraction