TAPCO AK-74 muzzle brake for Saiga .223?

Hey Everybody:

I want to ask if the TAPCO AK-74 style muzzle brake can be used on a Saiga .223's barrel? I realize the barrel would have to be threaded if it can fit. However, I've seen nothing that specifically says this muzzle brake can be used on a Saiga .223. Maybe I'm blind.

Just wanted to ask before I order one. Apparently, this one is more effective than the classic slant muzzle brake.

Thank you! :-)

If you are going to thread your muzzle to 14x1LH you may as well look at some of the better options out there. That 74 style brake work essentially because they are big weights you put on the barrel. A real 74 brake is totally different. I would look at a Manticore Arms Nightbrake or if you're feeling spendy a Battlecomp. Or you can change out the FSB to a 24mm one and get a real 74 brake then you could use a bayonet!

Get it from Dinzag Arms he can sell you the break and the threader with guide. He also has the instructions on how to do it . He machines his beaks so you do not have to cut flush to the sight.

Just a question? A break on a 223 why? I have a flash hider, its a 223 very little recoil , hider that Dinzag sell works great.

Just remember its not a watch your threading a pipe,same material. Mine took 15 minutes.

I will swap my threader set up for a mag.

I use a break on my 20" Veprnov. It's and AK74 style. Don't know the brand, but it's US made. Did not get for recoil, but muzzle rise for follow up shots and Target transition. I like the extra weight. It keeps the front end from floating too much when acquiring ny target. For my shooting preferences it works very well. It also gives my Veprnov a nice look.