okay, stupid question here.

i bought a M85PV and i want to take the wood furniture off. I've taken it off AK's before but this one is different, it looks like i need to remove a pin at the gas block? there is a tab (not sure what its called) on the left hand side, normally i would push it down to remove the part but its blocked.

anyway if anyone can help me out here i would appreciate it.

post-37526-0-66514200-1360535272_thumb.jpg

post-37526-0-70664300-1360535294_thumb.jpg

post-37526-0-53058400-1360535320_thumb.jpg

You just raise the gas tube locking lever so it clears the gas tube. Be sure you have removed the upper cover and bolt carrier or it will not come out. Also, the upper cover needs to be in an upright position for the release pin to clear.

Edited by 1911
  • Like 1
so i do remove the pin then... thanks man, this is a weird one

****well that was easy, i'm going to take my free dumbass moment on this one shame.gif

Not a Dumbass moment...

If you didn't know, you didn't know...

At least you knew enough to ask... before something got broken.

That's what this place is all about!

And, now you know.... smile.png

Macbeau sends...

• Like 1

Now that learning has occured, another tip for moving the locking lever for the gas tube is easier using a standard AK cleaning kit if it is stiff to move. That oblong hole in the main body of the kit will fit over the lever and give you better leverage.

• Like 2

There is not a standard locking lever like on a 16" AK for the gas tube on a Yugo M-92 or M-85 to unlock the the gas tube all you do is leave the hinged topcover open. I had the same problem on my M-92 it took 10 or 15 mins. to think it out. So don't feel bad you are not alone.

• Like 1

Well before we lock it, another trivial bit of info, the bottom handgaurd retainer lever flips the opposite way of a normal ak and raising it 90 deg isn't enough it has to flip over pretty much 180 deg to get the lower handgaurd off. That took me a few minutes to figure out so hey it might be useful to the rest of you guys too.

• Like 1