Firebird Precision parts

Is the Firebird Precision Trigger group assembly considered 922r parts? I just need 3 more parts and I can have my folding stock and my hicap 10 rounds mag.

Answer is yes. But Firebird does not sell their FCG as a DIY item. You will need to send in your lower for them to install the parts.

It will count as three parts (hammer, disconnector and trigger). My MKA 1919 has these parts and they work great.

Bill

Thanks! I will have to do that.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="KIRCH76" data-cid="862616" data-time="1360632511"><p>

So I take it you have one 922r part at this time?? If so what is it?? </p></blockquote>

A Tooth and Nail handguard, I also have a red dot sight and a Vertical Fore Grip

Salem 6 has the gas piston in stock. They also have the mag extensions in stock also which I would say is a floor plate. So that gets you to 3 parts as long as you have the floor plate for all of your mags. Just have to figure out 1 more part then.. I'm pretty sure Matt from tooth and nail mentioned that they will be making a trigger group

Edited by KIRCH76
Is the Firebird Precision Trigger group assembly considered 922r parts? I just need 3 more parts and I can have my folding stock and my hicap 10 rounds mag.

Answer is yes. But Firebird does not sell their FCG as a DIY item. You will need to send in your lower for them to install the parts.

It will count as three parts (hammer, disconnector and trigger). My MKA 1919 has these parts and they work great.

Bill

We're going to be selling our FCG as a stand-alone item soon.

Bill

Anubis what company do you work for?

Bill

Anubis what company do you work for?

Anubis works for Firebird Precision so he in in the know.

Firebird fire control parts have never been sold individually, with a few exceptions.

The floor of the fire control cavity is an integral part of the overall geometry involved in the fire control group.

About two years ago I sliced a brand new MKA lower into two halves to extract the exact geometry from the moulded parts.

This allowed me to design a pistol grip adapter that gave me the correct geometry to base the fire control group upon.

This pistol grip adapter also has a provision to adjust the engagement on the primary sear.

From there the hammer and disconnector were designed to correct the errors in the geometry found in the original parts, and to correct problems that are related to them. these parts are not copies of the originals but superior in design manufacturing and materials.

At some point other companies started making pistol grip adapters, and we had no way to insure that our parts would properly interface with them.

Errors in the design of those parts, or on the installation of the parts could lead to people grinding on triggers or safetys to get them to function.

this could lead to something unsafe in my opinion, as not all people out there really understand the relationship of these parts.

That is why I have not wanted to sell the parts individually.

An other issue is that the fire control parts are quite expensive to manufacture, they are made of high quality American tool steels and produced with very high end equipment they are also made in relitively small numbers as far as manufacturing goes.

That makes for a very small profit margin in distribution while trying to keep the cost as low as possible.

When we build a lower for a customer, we can absorb that high cost across all the parts used and the machine work done.

When we start selling the parts that cant happen, so the cost is higher overall.

I will also only sell the parts with our pistol grip adapter in attempt to insure proper fit and function.

If you want these parts, I will make them available to you.

But also consider this.

For $525.00 we convert your lower, all machine work done CNC, its right the first time every time

This includes both pistol grip and butt stock adapters, complete fire control group,(hammer trigger disconector and ambi safety)

Also included is our aluminum feed ramp and extended mag button.

Both the feed ramp and pistol grip adapter are patented parts!

Jim

• Like 1

Just got mine back today and thought that the feed ramp looked different, wasn't aware they changed that. My only problem with the order was I could swear the lady on the fone told me I would need to buy a stock AND pistol grip, so I did. But they sent it back with a new Ergo grip on it. The grip is great, but now I have a Magpul MIAD I don't need.