http://www.chronline.com/crime/article_430b2a60-74d8-11e2-983f-0019bb2963f4.html

20 min it took the cops to get there. The intruder is lucky they made it.

This kind of thing is why I stuck the pistols in the safe and moved to shotgun or rifle as my HD weapons, period. I dont want to have to fight someone over a pistol while my kids and wife are right there, then wait 20 minutes for the cops, then get sued. Ive seen video of shotgun hits and its like flipping a switch from "threat" to "no threat", instantaneous stop/drop.

• Like 1

I keep my 12GA. loaded with staggered rounds of #4 buck shot follwed by a deer slug, the #4 should stop them and the deer slug should make sure they DON"T get back up! I have had to face one criminal i met them at the door and they immediatley left, if i ever have one IN the house I do not intend to take any chances.

• Like 1

Speaking of hollow points. I recently had the chance to retrieve 3 rounds that I shot the target was an old book shelf. 6 layers of mdf shelving. The bullet stopped at the fourth board with no expansion ( none noticeable to the naked eye ) these were jacket hollowpoint. At 35.00 a box I expect those some bitches to flatten out like pancakes. these were 9mm jacketed hp any suggestions for a good round ?

Speaking of hollow points. I recently had the chance to retrieve 3 rounds that I shot the target was an old book shelf. 6 layers of mdf shelving. The bullet stopped at the fourth board with no expansion ( none noticeable to the naked eye ) these were jacket hollowpoint. At 35.00 a box I expect those some bitches to flatten out like pancakes. these were 9mm jacketed hp any suggestions for a good round ?

My first thought is that wood isn't flesh and may have clogged up in the tip. Get some gel and try a more controlled test.

Or... See if someone out there has already done that with your ammo.

I still have some of the Winchester "black talon" for my .45 ACP that Slick Willie Clinton banned as "cop killer bullets" Claiming that they were designed to penetrat body armor. They were actually at that time the best expanding hollow points available with the sharp pointed "talons" that folded out when they expanded to tear a large nasty wound cavity! If you can find any of these They do expand very well but like anthing good for defense the Dummicrats BANNED them! I guess their voter base of convicted felons was in too great of danger!

What gun are you running them through?

Here are some good ballistics testing channels.

Go to you tube and type in pocketgunsandgear, all one word. He has a LOT of ballistics tests using a lot of the more common handgun rounds to be found out there.

Brassfetcher has set the standard. He has some outstanding super slo-mo vids of what the bullet does in ballistic gel.

tnoutdoors9 also does a lot of GREAT ballistics testing. I like his channel a LOT.

SuperCrammo are some new kids on the block, but, I think they have the best testing protocols.

Now, the most commonly found round that seems to do the best with different testing protocols are the Speer Gold Dots. I run Winchester Rangers as my first choice, but, I'm seriously considering putting the Gold Dots first in line followed by the Rangers. This is after examining the test results I've seen from the above people.

I seldom see the GD's fail. I have seen a couple of tests where the Ranger's failed to completely expand.

Also, I'd like to apologize to the OP for side tracking his thread.

Edited by John U.