S-12 witness mags

I'm right handed, and I tend to look at the left side of the mag more. I look there when I reload, and I also tilt clockwise to reach under for the charging handle. I'm going to try to cut a thin slot between the ribs on one of my mags to see if I like it. :)

I would be cautious about trying to insert a clear plastic window, especially lexan. While being extremely resistant to shattering, it is very easy to scratch. In no time it wouldn't be hard to have a hazed up window on the side, which pretty much eliminates the "neato" factor.

That's exactly why I was against any kind of window from the start but for those who need to be sure they can get in the dirt with their mags without having to clean them out I guess a few scratches are not all that big a deal. You could just be a little careful. I don't know of any clear material that could be used that would prove totally scratch resistant. I can either use my mags or worship them and try not to scuff them up. For the price you need to enjoy them. The plastic I'm using came from a broken ice maker tub out of my freezer so it will definately take the cold. I'm pretty sure it is lexan.

post-1293-1134794235_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1134794258_thumb.jpg