Optics advise

That sight looks good to me and all reports have been positive. Havent seen one in the flesh yet so havent bought one. The PK-AV is a different kind of redot from the standard type. Since it has a reticle it also has an eye relief distance. The standard type has unlimited eye relief. So the mounting is much more critical. The adjustments are external so theres no movement inside which is good because theres less to break. The 308 would be a good place for one. The small dot should be good for precise shooting and the base is set up to adjust for different ranges. I just put a 2.5 Simmons shotgun scope on my 308 using an over the bore low mount. This scope has a 5.5 inch eye relief and gives a good cheek weld position. Going to fire it today and will post results. If you get the PK-AV, please post your results.

Edited by ironhead7544

Kalinka

posp.ru

These two sites talk like the sight is good for distances you could use open sights for. The pk-as has no magnification so if you can see it you can hit it. I have a Tasco propoint II on my ruger 10\22 rifle. The red dot scope is easier to use than open sights. Iff the red dot is on the target then that is where the bullet will hit. It has no magnification , but that has it's good points also.... less percieved shake in the sight picture, best light transmission, and wider field of vision than with magnified optiks. PLUS is is very fast aiming. The posp.ru site is where I ordered from. They include shipping and there wasn't any taxes.