Crooked barrel?

I always thought my barrel looked kinda funny since i bought my mka but i couldn't put my finger on why. so yesterday i installed a FB handgaurd and noticed when looking down the gun the barrel veered of to the right. i took it back apart and reinstalled everything and it was still going to the right. I'm guessing the gas block is soldered on crooked causing the barrel to point to the right. has any one else noticed this problem? is this a warranty issue?

Thanks,

Bryan

That is pretty much the case, especially in the early runs.

I believe that problem was addressed and corrected in later batches.

Anubis will verify that after he reads this

Good thing to watch for. I assume it will be corrected under warranty.

Oh and Shop Monkey, great avatar!

Bill

well that kinda sucks to hear. ill have to go out and shoot it and see if the MBUS sights have enough adjustment to compensate for it. if so ill live with it, if not ill look into getting another barrel. i wish a someone would start making barrels for these.

well that kinda sucks to hear. ill have to go out and shoot it and see if the MBUS sights have enough adjustment to compensate for it. if so ill live with it, if not ill look into getting another barrel. i wish a someone would start making barrels for these.

We have been working on getting barrels made, and we could but the numbers are not large enough for a decent price.

And you can correct the one you have.

Jim

• 1 month later...
Ok, i hear ya... ill try to call your shop tomarrow.

Thanks,

Bryan

Old thread bump.

Did you fix your barrel? I just installed my FB handguard and found I also have a crooked right hand barrel, along with a slight droop.

Ok, i hear ya... ill try to call your shop tomarrow.

Thanks,

Bryan

Old thread bump.

Did you fix your barrel? I just installed my FB handguard and found I also have a crooked right hand barrel, along with a slight droop.

PM sent