J&G now applying civilian laws to LEO sales

I don't view LEOs as adversaries, at least at my local level. I have met several "supercop" types who need to have their egos taken down several notches, but most of the deputies in our Sherriff's department, are family guys just like me, who are just as angry at all of the gun control crap coming out of the federal government as I am. In the candid conversations that I have had with many of them, they have stated plainly that they would not enforce any new laws and that thought process went right up through the department. I trust them, shoot with them, and cut up with them on their own range. But I would never trust that they can be everywhere at all times. That is why I arm myself, and teach my family to protect themselves. Kudos to J&G. I hope it becomes a Tsunami that lawmakers can't ignore.

Just an anecdote...

My wife & I bought a house a bit out in the woods. My closest neighbor is across the road and down a bit. He's a sheriff's deputy. We saw his patrol vehicle and some kid's toys out front when we were checking out the house in person. We thought, cool, I bet they'll be nice to live next to. We've now lived here almost three months, have met just about everyone else that lives on the road, except for my neighbor. All of their vehicles, including his patrol vehicle, have their windows completely blacked out. His house is surrounded by fence and a motorized gate, and he has huge dogs. Our house is right in front of the road, and we've both been out in our yard working on the house as he or his wife drive by in their blacked-out vehicles. We wave, they slow down a little bit, and they just drive on by. No greeting, no wave out the window, nothing. I was putting in a post for my mailbox, was kneeling on the ground right next to the road, and he drove by. Again, I waved. Nothing. I even caught the guy stopped in front of my house one morning when I had the garage door open. He was obviously looking into my garage. When I walked out of the door into the garage and looked at him, he took off.

Nice to know that my new creepy next door neighbors are the arm of the law. Must not have much of a taste for "civliians" I guess.

Oh yeah, P.S. J&G is awesome. Have bought several guns and ammo from them, no fuss. Good to talk to on the phone too. Very nice salespeople. I wanted to stop by their place when I was in Arizona last summer, but unfortunately our vehicle was so full (southwest road trip) that I couldn't justify tossing in any guns or ammo just to save on the shipping.

Sorry to hear that Mancat. Maybe he was consumed with the whole Mayan calendar end of the world thing and was just prepping his property. :) Like I said though, I have met some very annoying LEO's and some I would trust my life with. All I can do is take 'em individually for who they are and the merits of their character. Hopefully, your neighbor will turn out to be someone you can eventually share a beer with even though he might be "socially challenged".

You can add CMMG to the list.

They just announced they will not supply products to LE agencies in states that have enacted legislation preventing individual citizens from owning similar firearms.

I never bought anything from J&G but now I'll consider doing so just to show my support for their standing up for us. THey have been the backbone of Shotgun News for years and they deserve our business.

They need to add Shitcago to their list, their anti gun chief says that we have no need for guns while his city is the nation's murder capital. Some police chief he is to want his victims defenseless.