Krebbs Safety Lever Install in SGL-12

Guys,

I have a Krebbs safety lever that I want to install on the SGL 12. I thought it would be easy... The safety hits the trigger group when I try to rotate in safety lever up to remove it.

Is there a video showing the complete break down of the SGL 12 including the removal of the safety lever?

Is there an Saiga 12 guide that shows removal of the trigger group?

I am new to the AK platform.

thanks

Doug

Edited by DVepr
Guys,

I have a Krebbs safety lever that I want to install on the SGL 12. I thought it would be easy... The safety hits the trigger group when I try to rotate in safety lever up to remove it.

Is there a video showing the complete break down of the SGL 12 including the removal of the safety lever?

Is there an Saiga 12 guide that shows removal of the trigger group?

I am new to the AK platform.

thanks

Doug

Doug, from the sounds of it, you might just need to pull the trigger(better have made sure you guns unloaded), but start rotating the safty up as if you were trying to remove it, pull the trigger which will move the sear forward enough to rotate the safety the rest of the way vertical and it should pop out just shy of being completely vertical.

Edited by AZG

Bend the lever out as you rotate it down, swing it over the safety stop and all the way around, then you'll be able to remove it. It sounds scary I guess but you will not hurt anything. I've done it myself when I had the same problem.

Edited by Mullet Man
I am having a hell of a time with the SGL-12 safety lever removal. Is there a video showing removal of the SGL-12 trigger group?

thanks

Doug

heres a crappy installation video. not sure why the guy has a spring. but basically what you need to do just backwards

Edited by AZG