Yeah thats the revised shotgun study. The Vepr-12's came in the same configuration last October. Around that same time they came in, I started seeing the Saiga-12 from FIME going up for sale.

But for the rifles, I dont believe they (SGL), come into the states in a shootable configuration.

Unless theres a new model/variant of Saiga available that this forum is not aware of yet.

Edited by Captain Hero

They are all in sporting configuration! Define "sporting"!cool.png Mine sure is....depending on the sport!

I know what the term sporting means to the gov't(sarcasm)!

If I remember correctly I saw a few for sale with the front end already done, just the "sporting" rear end, as imported!

Saiga's are imported in "sporting" trim. Arsenal/Fime (saiga recievers) are imported in dissasembly and reassembled into "non sporting" (AK style) trim. Although Arsenal/Fime use Saiga recievers, do not confuse them for merely converted Saiga's as they are not. Arsenal/Fime uses '74 style trunions, etc which differenciate them. They are not the same. However, the recievers ARE. It is MUCH cheaper to do a Saiga conversion yourself, but it will still differ from an Arsenal/Fime. I consider Saiga conversions "clones" of Arsenal/Fime's. A converted Saiga can easily be as desirable as an Arsenal/Fime, but it will NEVER be the same as.

• Like 1

Im glad we don't have this problem in the UK, ours come in from Izhmash already in AK trim (My MK had identical furniture etc to the 104, all with Izhmash inspection stamps).Same goes for Romanian AKs direct from Cugir.

Yours (in the UK) are straight pull tho...can i ask a question? Are there magazine capacity limits in place as well or can you use a real 30 round mag but have to use the charging handle again and again? Just curious

• Like 1

Im curious too about that Rich. Can you expand a bit on that?

Saiga's are imported in "sporting" trim. Arsenal/Fime (saiga recievers) are imported in dissasembly and reassembled into "non sporting" (AK style) trim. Although Arsenal/Fime use Saiga recievers, do not confuse them for merely converted Saiga's as they are not. Arsenal/Fime uses '74 style trunions, etc which differenciate them. They are not the same. However, the recievers ARE. It is MUCH cheaper to do a Saiga conversion yourself, but it will still differ from an Arsenal/Fime. I consider Saiga conversions "clones" of Arsenal/Fime's. A converted Saiga can easily be as desirable as an Arsenal/Fime, but it will NEVER be the same as.

While I do agree, Im going to point out that I feel they pull the receivers off the line before they get the holes punched for the rear trigger pins. Its the only thing I can come up with as to why they're not there.

In regards to the OP, Sorry to jack your thread Vlad.

Yours (in the UK) are straight pull tho...can i ask a question? Are there magazine capacity limits in place as well or can you use a real 30 round mag but have to use the charging handle again and again? Just curious
Below is a pic of my MK/AK-104 exactly as purchased from the UK importer direct from the Izhmash factory in Russia.It has exactly the same polymer furniture as the real deal 104 and has the mil-spec 1000m rear sight and flash-hider/muzzle booster.It also came with the 30r AK-104 style polymer mag.It has a dimpled receiver, no 3rd axis pin 'y' and doesn't 'ring' the cases on firing.My SVDS is also direct from Izhmash and has mil-spec mags, the safety and fire positions are in Cyrillic script and it doesnt say 'Tigr' on it!.

As I said we can have 100% Russian arms with no mag capacity restrictions but only in straight pull :( , (but we can have semi-auto Saiga and Vepr shotguns with slug shells and high cap mags including drums!!!).The semi-auto ban came about in 1988 after The Hungerford Massacre, when a guy called Micheal Ryan went on a rampage with a legally held semi auto AK and the Goverments knee-jerk reaction was to ban all semi-auto rifles over .22lr.

Check out www.rusmilitary.com to see the range of Saiga,Vepr and Cugir firearms from the UK importer.

post-44524-0-67309400-1362853740_thumb.jpg

Edited by richUK
ya if i lived in the uk i would move to america..strait pull is strait lame. might as well get a bolt action rifle rather than have something like a nuetured ak. if anything ever happened and you had to use ur strait pull ak you would be easily out gunned.

While it is lame, its interesting to see exactly what they get strait from Izhmash. At least they are able to own some shit, as I thought their weapons ownership was far worse.

• Like 1

A x39 from a straight pull will #### your day up the same as any other x39.One thing straight pull does do is make you more accurate, plus if the shtf in the UK ever (heaven forbid!) then probably 98.7% of the population would have no firearms at all!.