So... I went to the store tonight after work.. The fiance is home for spring break so I was trying to get her a couple of things she might like. She asked for some blueberry bagels (which as any man with a list would do, I purchased), but I spotted some Cinnabon bagels and thought she might like them... I noticed the package was smaller, but I figured it was because they were a "premium" name brand (which can be had in any AIRPORT in the country) so I didn't fret it and tossed them in the cart.

I got home, unloaded the Jeep and put her on putting stuff away detail, when out of nowhere she asked me if I ate one... No.. I didn't eat a bagel...? I explained my position (above) to which she responded that the package detailed that we should have had a full load of 6 bagels and not the 5 I bought... WTF?!?!

SOME BASTARD ATE MY BAGEL!!!

Talk about low down... Eat one bagel in the store, seal it up, and toss it back on the shelf. This world is full of dicks. Even shop lifters have gotten lazy!

Now the question is... Do we eat the rest? I vote yes... We're not bagel snobs and toast them crunchy. Any ill effects should be killed... Thoughts?

Edited by Maxwelhse

Maybe it got past quality control at the bagel makers factory. Usually shop lifters leave the package open. I'd return them just to be safe. Tampering with food is common, but I doubt it in the case of a bag of bagels.

Edited by liberty -r- death

I wouldn't touch em. Bring em back, they may give you a refund or exchange. I worked LP for a supermarket, thieves do it all the time trying to seem like they didn't do anything wrong. I watched people open, take and then dump off all kinds of crap just like that. Bread, butter, sodas, you name it they take em and close the box off like nothing happened. I watch out every time I buy deodorant because of how many times I watched little ghetto rats walk in, use deodorant off the shelf and then walk out. Working those cameras gives you a whole different perspective on the grocery store

So, that's where I left the bag.

Okay, seriously, I think you would be okay, but do you really want to chance it? We are preppers and gun nuts, so let your imagination run wild, cling to your guns, and hide from the man!

I worked in a grocery store when i was 16. One day on my break I grabbed and Arizona Ice tea (back when they were in the plastic bottles).. go out side open it to realize it's already open and full of beer. Seems that one of the night crew had been dumping them out and filling them with beer for his hood rat buddies.

Nothing says good time like flat beer i guess.

The way things are these days, I would guess that whomever bagged them either a) can't count, or B) did not count or did not care. ;)

Stick 'em in the microwave for a minute or two before eating. That will either kill the bacteria, or whatever is in there will kill you more quickly and painlessly. :D

I wouldn't touch em. Bring em back, they may give you a refund or exchange. I worked LP for a supermarket, thieves do it all the time trying to seem like they didn't do anything wrong. I watched people open, take and then dump off all kinds of crap just like that. Bread, butter, sodas, you name it they take em and close the box off like nothing happened. I watch out every time I buy deodorant because of how many times I watched little ghetto rats walk in, use deodorant off the shelf and then walk out. Working those cameras gives you a whole different perspective on the grocery store

I'm not about to be the guy standing in line, looking like a dick that ate a single bagel out of a pack, demanding to be given a new pack. wink.png When I worked at Best Buy back in HS I used to BS with the LP guys quite a bit... Nothing surprises me... except for how the LP guys entire job was using the eye in the sky to look down blouses! smile.png

So, that's where I left the bag.

Okay, seriously, I think you would be okay, but do you really want to chance it? We are preppers and gun nuts, so let your imagination run wild, cling to your guns, and hide from the man!

I'm also a cheap bastard and too proud to return less than $3 worth of food looking like I ate one and was trying to get off with something for nothing. I'm gonna eat 'em... If I die, make sure my guns go to Biden and you guys hold a poll for the top 12 forum members to send him to "boot camp"... I'll be smiling down and laughing! smile.png

Edited by Maxwelhse

If you ever happen upon this same situation with donuts, I wouldn't attempt consumption if they don't have the hole in the center and they're jelly filled. I wouldn't take the chance, especially if there is a possibility of anyone with flamboyant character working there, or some disgruntled girlfriend-less dude working there.

Just be glad nobody ate your honey!

• Like 2
Nothing surprises me... except for how the LP guys entire job was using the eye in the sky to look down blouses! smile.png

When I was still doing that, a fellow LP guy was working at the store my now wife was working at. Gives me a call to let me know he is looking at her ass. I would have been mad, if he wasn't a very sad and desperate 400lb kid with no social skills at all. I waited til she didn't work there anymore to tell her about that one, since he already had 2 sexual harassment write ups bad_egg.gif

Nothing surprises me... except for how the LP guys entire job was using the eye in the sky to look down blouses! smile.png

When I was still doing that, a fellow LP guy was working at the store my now wife was working at. Gives me a call to let me know he is looking at her ass. I would have been mad, if he wasn't a very sad and desperate 400lb kid with no social skills at all. I waited til she didn't work there anymore to tell her about that one, since he already had 2 sexual harassment write ups bad_egg.gif

LOL... One of our LP guys got fired when her husband busted him looking down her shirt! funny shit..