Saiga .223 bullet guide screw up

I have a saiga in .223 that i put a bullet guide in. Somehow i installed it off center in a round trunion and is canted pretty darn good. It must have slid when i marked it. Can i put some quik steel in the drilled hole and re-tap or am i just boned? I thought about just gluing it in place with the quik steel but i don't know if having it permanently installed would be a good thing or not. What should i do?

Can you see the hole you drilled when the guide is where you want it? If so, I would try and mod the guide to where you can use the current hole, and still have it centered with the chamber.

• Like 1

Personally, I'd go with Captain's advice, but before you do, have you checked to see if it will cycle with the bullet guide canted? Actually the placement is pretty forgiving. I have FUBARed a couple in the past, only to find that they still got the job done.

• Like 1

Does the gun cycle guy?

I would shoot it, i do not think its going to give you a problem, If there is enought metal to support the round into the chamber thats all you need.

Is this your first conversion?

I've got a galil mag coming in the mail. We'll see how it works out with the canted guide. The beryl mags sits so high the bullet doesn't even contact the guide. if nothing else I'll just stick to them. I'll try to get a pic if i can.