My AK-104s latest look :)

I've gone back to the original black polymer furniture on my 104 and put the SVD cheek-rest,GP30 recoil pad and POSP 8x42vd scope back on.Also added a single-point sling on a homemade mount which im quite pleased with (got the idea from a commercially made one I saw on the net).Heres a couple of pics, I think it looks quite OMON/ Spetsnaz! :)

post-44524-0-98843200-1363028625_thumb.jpg

post-44524-0-48161200-1363028702_thumb.jpg

Does my scope look big in this?,LOL :)

• Like 1

rolleyes.gif In SVD nominally set PSO-1 (4*24)

Ive got a 8x42vd on my Dragunov so why not on a Saiga .308? smile.png

attachicon.gif2013-02-21 15.27.23-1.jpg

got any leads on SVD handguard retainers for Saiga .308?

I haven't sorry......saying that try dropping Oleg at rusmilitary an email,he's the Izhmash importer in the UK and should be able to get spare parts :)

www.rusmilitary.com

Why not on a saiga 308 cause I haven't got one. I want something on mine but the scope mount I've got is an NCstar. It mounts with screws and covers the sights. So I've got to get something else. Any suggestions? I need to either be able to see the sights or have it quick disconnect.

Why not on a saiga 308 cause I haven't got one. I want something on mine but the scope mount I've got is an NCstar. It mounts with screws and covers the sights. So I've got to get something else. Any suggestions? I need to either be able to see the sights or have it quick disconnect.

If you get a POSP you can use the ironsights with the scope fitted on the standard sidemounted rail as the scope sits to the left of the centreline for that reason, depending which model scope you get.To be fair on my Dragunov with the 8x42 mounted the rear sight wouldnt elevate above the 100m mark due to the scope but doesnt bother me.

Nice rig! I like mine a little "cleaner" looking so id lose the scope (it defeats the purpose of a short barrel and folding stock but that's just my opinion), cheek pad and recoil pad and the sling but that folder and shorter barrel is sexy!

Edited by dubya
Cool I'd like one but I'm partial to American style glass and Ive never used an offset scope but I know is prefer an inline scope. I'll be looking for a deal though.

Not sure if you have used or seen a POSP, but like you I am used to American glass, I purchased a POSP in 4x for my Saiga, and damn it is nice. For the price of a POSP, you would have to spend close to three times that for American glass. Very clear and crisp optics.

As far as offset, it is hardly noticable, all while retaining the use of irons(I like that), and repeat zero while removing and installing the scope.