anyone used this ammo?

I am not sure who makes it, but I had some as part of a deal when I bought a S762, it actually shoots good and fairly clean (compared to the Wolf that I had used the previous trip to the range). It seamed fairly accurate as well for the typical russian round.

It is exactly what it is labeled as... 122gr, FMJ, 7.62x39, steel cased/polymer coated, non corrosive, ammo manufactured in the Russian city of Ulyanovsk at the Ulyanovsk Cartridge Works.

It is decent stuff, nothing special... Shoot the shit out of it.

Check out this link:

forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/71171-ulyanovsk-is-mildly-corrosive/?fromsearch=1

I think it's mildly corrosive

Must be VERY mild then. At one point I was forced go over a month w/o cleaning after shooting it. No signs of corrosion whatsoever.

damn, where do i get some of that stuff..sheesh dubs.
Wheelin & deal in bubba

Check out this link:forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/71171-ulyanovsk-is-mildly-corrosive/?fromsearch=1I think it's mildly corrosive
Must be VERY mild then. At one point I was forced go over a month w/o cleaning after shooting it. No signs of corrosion whatsoever.
I think all ammo can be corrosive if you don't clean once in awhile

Yup when it poped up over a year ago, bunch of people jumped on it and some had no issues and some had some rust issues. The reason I said it was mild because Ive shot about 500 rds came back did not use that ak for couple of weeks. The rust was evident at the top of piston and around the gas tube.

One guy had far worse experience with it and he was trying to return the rds back to the merchant. I just wipe the rifles every time I comeback from the range until ive ran all out any never look back at uly white box and surplus stuff

Edited by tony71