new bayo(inspired by other thread)

Heres the bayo i procured, thanks to max for giving me the idea! Just wanted to get your opinions on it, i think once sharpened it will become my new boot knife in addition to a bayonet lol. After that im either going to pick up more 308 ammo or more likely buckle down save some coin and get the optics ive been wanting for awhile now.

post-46523-0-65740000-1365039228_thumb.jpg

post-46523-0-84691200-1365039263_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

1:desert fox sales, its a 74 bayo got it through his amazon store for about $50. 2: yessir thats a bonesteel folder with a magpul CTR stock. 3: no clue lolz

ETA. Sorry to mods if its a non vendor was just answering a question.

I like it but cant use the nifty aftermarket flash hider i got in conjunction with the bayo. Fits the 74 break like a glove tho.

Edited by LuPiN8oR

Heres two Soviet Izhmash AKM bayonets i've got.The top one is a series 1 with rubber insulation on the sheath and the other is a series 2, the rubber was omitted on the series 2 as the sheath is Bakelite.Also got an early AK-47 one brought back from Afghanistan, British troops like them for probing for IED's,but cant find it at the mo.

post-44524-0-77349900-1365263331_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks alot NMO, i appreciate it! Probably should've put the bulgy mag in for the pic but just grabbed the 1st 30 rounder in the pile lol... i considered the ace folder but went with a bonesteel instead, i got a right side folder bc i use the optics rail and am a lefty though bonesteel makes ones that swings left. Oh yeah and i didnt wanna de-tang lol. Your rifle looks pretty sweet too man

just IMO.. sharpening a bayonet is mostly pointless, and there are various reasons why it's best that they remain dull, if you ever intend to actually use it as a bayonet. bayonets are good for a few things: stabbing, prying, bashing, parrying, and of course bayonetting. if you want something to cut with, get a quality knife that will hold its edge - which a bayonet will probably also not do. keep in mind that the bayonet is chrome-plated, so you may have a bitch of a time sharpening it with anything but a bench grinder.

Edited by mancat

While serving in the marines we did not use bayonetes . Most useless bayonetes might be crome plated for show. The real ones are cold steel and meant to be sharp. We even sharpened our e-tools. Keep your weapons clean and sharp. The way they are supposed to be. I cant imagine running around with a dull weapon.

I got a bayonet like that one too. It's much better quality and ergonomics than the "old" model.

Looks pretty effective to me (as a bayonet) and imho it could be sharpened a little more to serve as a decent allround knife.

BRGDS, A