I've got the sporter model, the most fun you can have with a 22. I always thought the mag design was brilliant. 100 rounds and no long ass

magazine hanging down to the ground, very maneuverable. I have shot tens of thousand rounds through this baby with no problems.

Glad to see they are still in business. Love this gunred_heart.gif

another great thing about the mag is you can leave it fully loaded for years and don't have to worry about spring compression loss because

the mag is wound by hand when needed, and can be decompressed by the push of a button when not in use.....brilliant.

CALICO-1_zpsfdf160f4.jpg

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH
  • Like 1

I used to have a 9mm carbine with 1 50 rd mag and 2 100 rd mags, and a speed loader and catch bag. It wasn't very accurate, but it was fun! Would like to get another... They always reminded my of the guns the apes had in The Planet Of The Apes.

Edited by coronet
  • Like 1

being a kid growing up in the early 70's I was a huge planet of the apes fan. When I first saw this sporter model that is the one thing that drew me to it,

the fact that it looked like the guns the apes had. Nice to see someone else noticed that toobiggrin.png

Get your damn dirty hands off me you filthy stinkin liberal. I mean apesnaaaa.gif

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH
I've got the sporter model, the most fun you can have with a 22. I always thought the mag design was brilliant. 100 rounds and no long ass

magazine hanging down to the ground, very maneuverable. I have shot tens of thousand rounds through this baby with no problems.

Glad to see they are still in business. Love this gunred_heart.gif

another great thing about the mag is you can leave it fully loaded for years and don't have to worry about spring compression loss because

the mag is wound by hand when needed, and can be decompressed by the push of a button when not in use.....brilliant.

CALICO-1_zpsfdf160f4.jpg

Cool gun, but springs are not harmed by being stored under tension.

The only calicos I have sen in person were plasticky looking, not like yours.

This model was called the "sporter". It was the same gun as the M-100 only with the wood furniture.

They no longer make this model anymore and it was quite rare when they did. I actually bought a new

spare set of furniture back at the time that I still have. I was going to buy just the regular version and make it in to a sporter model.

The company has changed hands since I purchased mine back in the early 90's. Mine was made in the U.S.A, I dont know if they

still are or not,or if they have changed the specs on the gun.

If the specs are still the same I may pick me up a brand new M-100 and turn it into a "sporter"

but I'm sure none are available now anyhowsad.png

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH

Yes, they are available. You had better had deep pockets or a fat wallet, though. lol. Same goes for a USAS-12 or a Street Sweeper. I would damn near consider trading my near mint USAS-12 straight across for a 9mm Calico. Have stick (maybe 2?) have to look, and drum for USAS. And a spare parts kit of replacement internals. (note to mods - not a for sale ad, just musing) If I ony knew then, what I do now...

Edited by coronet