Tapco Tri Rail and locktight.

I would have expected ss to say that. I just dont want it popping off or loosing a screw. Going shooting saturday to test it out.

You meeting me at Bill's? I promise I won't shoot your foot. On purpose anyway..

I would definatly use loctite probobly blue on any handgaurd that screws together. If you do not, I garantee it will come loose and you just cant afford that to happen.

Put on your spell check Troll spetnaz soldier.

I will throw some locktite on it this weekend or next. Im siting it in saturday at gander. Its a shame gander doesnt carry a front site windage tool.

The factory HG doesnt use locktite, so why use it on the Tapco? Shoot it first and see if it loosens up . Take a screwdriver to the range.

I would definatly use loctite probobly blue on any handgaurd that screws together. If you do not, I garantee it will come loose and you just cant afford that to happen.
Beat it! Scram!

I will throw some locktite on it this weekend or next. Im siting it in saturday at gander. Its a shame gander doesnt carry a front site windage tool.
You're what? Sending it in to Gander to get worked on?

Im not sending it anywhere lol. I need to get myself a new FSB threaded or get the barrel threaded and a nice long flash suppressor to cover that small knick I put in the barrel cutting off the stupid shroud. Its my first AK...I have had many AR's but I have slowly and thankfully gravitated toward the AK. Hence the multiple questions and such. You will never catch me saying anything like "Hey, I know what Im doing. I dated Kalashnikovs grand daughter and was trained in Moscow." I really am new to the AKs. I am a former PMI (weapons instructor) and am a decent shot. That being said, Im in the market in the next few weeks for an affordable 4x tactical scope. It must fit standard rails, and be quick detatch. Also, use batteries that are easy to acquire and be under 100 buck. Even I'f I have to order the damn thing from russia.

you must have been dumping a serious amount of rounds through your weapon to get the hand guard to melt. That or bumpfiring it which is essentially the same thing. I've only seen or read about a few instances of this happening. How many rounds rapid fire did it take to make it melt?

The only change to this forarm that I will change will be to locktite the little screws. I'm hoping in the future they make the rails aluminum to add strength. Eventually I will upgrade to metal grips, for for the price, the weight reduction, and the over all look, I like it.

Beat it! Scram!

You're what? Sending it in to Gander to get worked on?

You are silly sally dubya

Had my first shooting with my AK today. Even took the son in law out with his new PaP 70. Needless to say the saiga held up flawlessly. While my son in laws had a failure to feed. Plus his magazines didn't seem to seat that great. I was using the Bulgarian poly mags. They worked super well. The only complaint we had was the range safety instructor bitching about the wolf ammo sparking too much. He actually said he was afraid the sparking would cause excess gun powder from the other weapons to combust and start a fire. What a tool. Either way, Im super satisfied with the rifle. Once I get the flash suppressor on her I will be pretty much done with her till I get the stock I really want. I was using a very low end BSA red dot which was way off. The factory sights were dead on.

Gander Mountain. Evidently the lane next to mine had two targets on the ground that had gun powder residue on it, and they claimed that the muzzle flash-with some odd sparking( mostly from my soon to be son in laws Yugo) could start a fire. Talk about retarded. They were qualifying some other shooters and the head instructor was a tool. He kept telling one female shooter how bad she was and that he was probably the same instructor that failed her on her last test.

Yup just another egotistical RO who thinks he's the shit. Gander Mountain sucks anyway, all their crap is 15% more than even mom & pop gun shops. I didn't know they had gun ranges though.. I've been to 4 or 5 and they only have archery ranges.

Bills is the place to go in MN.