22 TCM .My better alternative to my 5.7

Ok guys ..went to the range a few days back..and i saw this guy shooting a commander size 1911 with a very unusual looking round..It was a noise maker with a fire ball comming out of the end of the barrel..I asked him what he was shooting and he said it was a 22TCM made by rock island armory..I didnt know much about rock island armory,,here is there website .https://us.armscor.com/products/tcm-22-vz-midsize/.only that they make some decent 1911 for half the price of a kimber..He let me squeeze off a few rounds..and this thing shoots like a dream.,The controlability and accuracy is amazing.It holds around 17+1 and you can get high caps for it as well.The velocity when chrono out of his barrel was getting 2042fps on average..My FN 5.7 only gets around 1700-1800fps ..ammo cost around $24.00 a box of 50 rounds and it isnt too hard to find since it is a proprietary round which is not too popular so there is no high demand for it..I did some research on it and it shows that there is a ballistic advantage over the 5.7 ..Since firing this gun i have placed one on order and i will be adding it to my other oddball calibers that i have like 50GI 460 Rowland 45Gap and 5.7..I have added a youtube video and some pics below of the cartridge and the 1911.Tell me what you guys think.

post-16872-0-02760900-1365740886.png post-16872-0-36185700-1365740494_thumb.jpg post-16872-0-83706800-1365740515_thumb.jpg

Here is a pic of some of my other odd ball calibers

post-16872-0-41177300-1365740912_thumb.jpg

post-16872-0-85067500-1365741351_thumb.jpg

Edited by voonman
  • Like 1

sheep shit! a 1911 type frame with nominal recoil and freaking laser beam velocity. Thats an oddball that Id get behind! Oddest thing I have is an old JD Jones custom contender pistol in. 375jdj. Might be time for another tweaker in the family. Thanks for the info.

My buddy was just talking about these the other day while we were shooting. I think he said they were basically necked down .223 cartridges with a .22 bullet.

Yea...the diameter below the neck is suppose to be the same as the 223..The carbine model spits these out at almost 3000fps ..which are about the same velocity as a standard 223 rifle..What amazes me the most is the recoil and shot placement..it feels like shooting a +p22 cal ..you can keep your shots on target rapid firing this thingbig_smile.gif with very very low recoil..the capacity in the magazine is almost as much as the fn 5.7

• Like 1

yeah you are right an ak version would be cool..Here is a penetration test vs steel .and also a rapid fire test that jeff quin did from gunblast.com ..

I have had one for about a year now. It's fun to shoot but accuracy is not all that great.

Tony

Did you have the carbine model or a 1911?

Edited by voonman