M92PV PAP pistol grip problem

I have a weird issue that maybe someone has corrected. I recently bought an M92PV serbian 7.62x39 AK pistol and wanted to change the grip. I purchased 2 grips: the Molot grip from MD Arms, and a traditional romanian ak grip. I tried installing the Molot grip but it seemed that the angle was wrong and it sit past the back of the receiver about 1/2". The traditional grip did the same thing except it didn't sit past the receiver. The Yugo grip that came with it fits 100% perfect. Has anyone encountered this issue? Am I stuck with the yugo grip?

No, but you are going to have to dremel out the portion of the grip where it fits over the grip nut. I had the same problem with mine with the Hogue AK grip. Just determine where it is contacting the grip and begin removing a little material. Keep test fitting and remove a little more until it seats correctly.

You will have to mod the other grips to fit. The Yugo uses a different style grip nut that is riveted into the bottom of the receiver.

As far as the Molot hanging off the rear, the Molot grip is pretty fat so maybe someone else can chime in as to modding it to fit

If you look at the the top of the grip where it slides over the grip nut and the screw passes through to attach it to the receiver, you will notice that there is a precut angle. That angle is not matching up with the angle on the Yugo grip nut. In other words the grip is contacting a portion of the grip nut before it can slide all of the way forward. You will have to remove some of this material on the grip before it will slide all the way forward and seat properly.

Well I stand corrected. I just took the grip off of my M92 to take a picture of the removed material and realized I was thinking of my Saigas with the CSS billet trigger guards. The Hogue overmolded grip will fit the PAP M92 without any modification.

post-37530-0-43486500-1366083537_thumb.jpg

AZ-DAVE,

YOU'RE GOING TO NEED TO GRIND THAT ROUND HOLE IN THE GRIP INTO AN OVAL, MOVING IT FORWARD, IN THE DIRECTION OF THE TRIGGER; APPX. 1/4" OR SO. DO NOT WIDEN IT.

I USE A LONG CYLINDRICAL GRINDING STONE IN THE DREMEL, THAT LOOKS TO BE ABOUT .17CAL IN DIAMETER.

GRIND A LITTLE BIT, PLACE THE GRIP BACK ON THE RECEIVER AND SEE HOW MUCH MORE YOU NEED TO GO.

SIGHTING OVER THE REAR EDGE OF THE HOLE IN THE HOGUE GRIP, WHEN YOU GET STRAIGHT LINE-OF-SIGHT UP THE HOLE IN THE GRIP NUT, STOP.

DO THIS GRINDING DOWN INSIDE A TRASH CAN, OR OUTSIDE WITH THE WIND TO YOUR BACK; THE PLASTIC DUST YOU'LL PRODUCE IS EXTREMELY FINE AND LIGHT, AND BECOMES AIRBORNE, GETTING INTO EVERYTING IN SIGHT, INCLUDING UP YOUR NOSE AND INTO YOUR LUNGS. USE A DUST MASK IF YOU HAVE ONE.

I ALSO GRIND THE FINGER GROOVES DOWN TO JUST MILD BUMPS, WITH A LITTLE THINNING ON THE SIDES, USING A SMALL SANDING DRUM.

IF YOU WANT TO TRY THAT, AS ALWAYS WITH THE DREMEL, TAKE IT SLOW AND EASY OR YOU'LL BE DOWN TO THE PLASTIC LINER. THE UP SIDE, IF YOU DO THAT, AS LONG AS IT'S NOT A GAPING HOLE, THE RUBBER IS STUCK TO THE PLASTIC LINER SO WELL, THAT I'VE NEVER SEEN IT PEEL UP FROM ANY SMALL "OOOPS".

JESS1344

What I did was shave down the top of the grip (the part that contacts the receiver) at an angle that better matches the Yugo grip. It fits great now and has a very slight gap towards the front of the grip. It's only an 1/8 of an inch so its no big deal.