Can you still get a free beret? LOL

Fucking yes. See my avatar.

I had several talks with people in the airport after 911. It's the first time that I remember soldiers being able to wear their bdu's outside of base, armed and they even got a nice beret. I expected you guys to get extra pissed off as they stole your color. Mine was red. It took a lot of pride out of the top when they just gave it away to support role soldiers. I can't imagine what you felt like after earning your black top and then having someone issue all the dip shit's a cover nearly identical to yours. I believe they even had infantry blue around the edges of their new fucking logo or whatever you call that piece of shit up front.

Sorry bro. At least you dont have to put a bunch of shit on yours to make it look good. I know what you had to do to earn it. Thanks.

Can you still get a free beret? LOL

Fucking yes. See my avatar.

I had several talks with people in the airport after 911. It's the first time that I remember soldiers being able to wear their bdu's outside of base, armed and they even got a nice beret. I expected you guys to get extra pissed off as they stole your color. Mine was red. It took a lot of pride out of the top when they just gave it away to support role soldiers. I can't imagine what you felt like after earning your black top and then having someone issue all the dip shit's a cover nearly identical to yours. I believe they even had infantry blue around the edges of their new fucking logo or whatever you call that piece of shit up front.

Sorry bro. At least you dont have to put a bunch of shit on yours to make it look good. I know what you had to do to earn it. Thanks.

The Air Force wanted the fire fighters to wear berets. They told us back then that we had a specialized mission and special units should have berets. The vast majority of us opposed it and a letter writing campaign began to let Air Force leaders know that we are already recognized by our fire protection badges. The idea finally went away. When they came out with the new digitized Jimmy Buffet on holiday uniforms the fire fighters and sky cops were the only ones to keep our badges. Of course sky cops still have blue berets to make them easy targets at the front gate, and jump the line at chow.