Boston: practice for more insidious things?

DS: well said, as usual.

I am a little heartened to hear the news media this morning reporting that it may not be such a good thing that the government can close down cities, point guns at innocent citizens and children, and the rest. Is anyone else hearing this?

Per Fineskank, she has always been in agreement on the other rights of the people, she just wants to dissarm you so that you have no say.

I go right back to Benjamin Franklin: those would give up liberty for safety, deserve neither!

• Like 1
Yeah, I'm sure that all those officers and those in charge of them were thinking the whole time, "Even though we're chasing a homicidal maniac with bombs, grenades, and guns... we should glean what we can from this experience so we can infringe on the rights of American citizens, later!"

I can guarantee you that not one of those officers desires to be back in that same situation, going through houses and back yards checking every corner for anything short of a deadly and immediate threat to the public.

Who said the grunts were gleaning what they could from the situation? The people in charge would be doing it, not the grunts.

The cops weren't thinking about violating rights. That's the problem. They're being trained. Just like you train a dog to attack on command. And the dogs that won't learn to attack without thought, who actually question if it's the right thing, they get put on traffic duty or a desk job.

You are right sir... I already knew that but it disassociates them from human beings even more on that note. Yesterday morning went from Joe Leo would never do that to his fellow citizen! Then all I could see is look there doing it! Holy crap, thats f*cking wrong! "Ok yeah the bomb pictures ok ok..." HOLY SH*T! LOOK AT THE STORM TROOPERS!

Edited by jdub23
If something like this happened in my neighborhood, I would happily cooperate with LEO's and give any information I had and let them search the exterior of my property to bring those murdering fucks to justice.

There is a difference between searching your back yard and doing warrantless forced-entry room sweeps with your family inside your house.

If those bombers were hiding on your property without you knowing it, you are saying you would you prefer to give safe harbor to the terrorists (which is a crime) instead of having a police officer look around and possibly find them hiding in you boat or back shed?

I agree there is a slippery slope here, but the cops were looking for suspects of a horrendous crime, not to persecute and prosecute innocent people because they are simply exercising their Constitutional rights.

You don't seem to know what point you're trying to make.

You say you would let them search the exterior of your property. Then you say that it's wrong to do a warrantless forced-entry search of the house.

Then you insinuate that those who believe they violated constitutional rights would prefer to harbor terrorists.

Then you say it's a slippery slope.

You are arguing both sides, and the middle.

Having not been privy to the facts of whether there were warrants issued, and that my house was not personally searched since I live thousands of miles away, I cannot conclude based on Internet hearsay that the police did what people here are accusing them of doing.

Warrantless forced entry searches are wrong and illegal. I am adamantly against them.

Again, I don't know if the YouTube video was a random drug bust from 5 years ago, or something that happened a few days ago in Boston to find the bombers. I don't know if there was a warrant. I don't know any other details other than a video is on YouTube. I personally don't believe everything I watch on the news, read on the Internet or watch on YouTube because people have agendas and will outright lie to support their viewpoint.

Having a cop look in my backyard doesn't bother me when terrorists are potentially hiding in my neighborhood. I will happily allow this to take place without a warrant as I am not a terrorist and I am not hiding anything. Warrantless searches inside my house I would verbally object to, but I am not willing to die to stop one. I would follow my legal recourse against those that did the illegal search.

If they are going door to door to collect guns and execute people that have them or resist, then I will be willing to fight to defend my rights. I was trying to draw a distinction between the circumstances of real terrorist bombers hiding in my neighborhood and a government intent on killing a large innocent portion of its population as political enemies. Not the same fucking thing, dude.

Edited by BuffetDestroyer
The fact that they didn't read someone their rights is disturbing, but not nearly as disturbing as the gestappo running house to house, performing thousands of warrantless searches and GETTING AWAY WITH IT. This is patently unconstitutional, and the circumstances absolutely do not warrant the wholesale surrender of civil rights.

Most people in that situation probably just let the police come on in. Has there been any evidence of an actual unwarranted, forced search?

I think the people think this is too big and they are scared to admit "right now" they were bullied, intimidated and had really no choice in the matter. The interviewers are probably asking them "how does it feel to be surrounded by all these hero's?"