Has anyone ever shot the Independence AR 5.56 Ammunition? I just picked up 3 boxes at WalMart and the box was interesting. It is made in Israel and imported by Federal Cartridge Co. I is labeled 5.56x45 55 Grain FMJ. At $8.97/20 it is not a bad price. I read of some folks that were disappointed with the Independence .45acp after I got home. No idea whether that extends to all Independence ammo or not. Any experience here with this specific cartridge? Thanks in advance for any thoughts. It is also labeled XM1931. I know XM193, 855 and so on but never heard of XM1931.

I get the same from my walmart (should i say did when they had ammo anyway). Was like $6 a box back then so i would run it instead if tula or wolf for the brass case. Never had any issue for a target/range round. On par with quality with all your milsurplus 5.56 i have shot.

My Stag AR is not picky on what it will run, but my buddy's suppressed SBR is and it ate it without a hiccup on a range outing through a few hundred rounds.

just bought my aloted 3 boxes from Dick's the store I should be boycotting but my curiosity of the ammunition shortage got the best of me. Its Federal 5.56 with good reviews online. M193 supposedly w/o the NATO stamp?

Edit: looking at a handfull of cartridges mine are headstamped on all FC top 13 bottom, on sides a different number on both or just one side. EX: 1 1, 1 3, _ 1, 2 4, 1 6, 1 2.... Weird.

Edited by jdub23

I've shot plenty of it with no issues. It's a little dirtier than premium ammo but what do you expect for 40 cents a round. I shot most of it from my Bushmaster Carbon 15, a little through my S&W MP15 and my two buddies bought some and shot it through their Huldra AR's.

I gave a bunch of this stuff to my buddy for working on the fiberoptics in my car. It was as good or better than the us nato we were shooting out of a nato A2 barrel. Annealed brass and nice bullet. Very few dings on the bullet. They were packed with care.

I picked some up back in early January. Fully satisfied running it through my mp15. I'd have no qualms about using it again. As Stryker said, proper care was taken in manufacturing and packing, from careful analysis of the cartridges. Also, behaves very close to m193 from comparison. No change in my aim point at 100 yards.

Outstanding responses gentlemen. Based on your positive experiences I have acquired 500 rounds(as of this evening). Got a lot of friends to help me out. LOL This batch is going to my son-in-law. He just returned from Afghanistan last Thursday and his birthday is May 11. He has a Sig 5.56 due in in August. His company or whatever offered a special order for the guys and it will have the 4/2 Indian Head embossed/engraved on it. Needless to say he has not been able to acquire any ammo since he has been shooting taxpayer ammo at ragheads for the last 9 months.His ammo will ship out Monday and arrive a day before his b-day. Thanks for the help Gentlemen.

I gave a bunch of this stuff to my buddy for working on the fiberoptics in my car. It was as good or better than the us nato we were shooting out of a nato A2 barrel. Annealed brass and nice bullet. Very few dings on the bullet. They were packed with care.

What kind of fiber optics on what kind of car? Peaked my curiosity...