Got her done...for now... i think.

This will probably get moved to the tacked pic thread but i figured id start a new thread and get some opinions. In her forseeable future id like to get the barrel cut to 18in threaded and slap a flashhider on her. I could forsee dremeling some slots in the handguard or getting a bolt on retainer n mod a hg...but what do yall think? Just recieved my vortex 2.5-10 and am using a utg mount w high rings and to be honest i might be able to use mid rings before the scope hits the sight leaf. Your input is appreciated.

post-46523-0-71091300-1370402578_thumb.jpg

post-46523-0-88406300-1370402617_thumb.jpg

i like it a lot, i did my conversion and the thing that cot on my nervs was the bolt hold open, i trimmed mine down as much as possible and would it would still function just a thought have you be bothered by it? i wish it was on the left side of the weapon

Im left handed so the bho is gtg lol! Hadnt modified it. I did however use magpul moe rails to attach the sling n studs w a lefty in mind, figured if i ever sell her i can add a rail on the opposite side.

Also which vortex is that and was it pricy? Also get a report in soon, I've been seriously thinking about getting some kind of vortex optics. I've heard great stuff about all their stuff.

Yeah, its funny how the ak almost seems to be built for a lefty lol. The sling is a coitac sling i found on amazon, seems pretty nice for the $ paid (less than 20$ i think). The scope is a vortex viper pst 2.5-10 moa version. I wanted the moa version to match the vortex 1-4 on my sgl as the only model w capped turrets was moa, and i figured i wont be dialing in shots for the distances ill be using it at. I dropped 480$ on the 1-4 and 600$ on the 2.5-10. Im just glad the wife is letting me get all the shit i "need" before she is due lol.

I'll be zeroing the 308 this weekend hopefully, with 150gr sp and fmj, ill give a range report w pics as soon as i can!

Tell me about the ammo crap. I tried priv and mag tech I think it was the priv was 145 ad the other was 150. That's all o have been able to put on paper. At 100 with irons I got about 4-5" with the 150 and about 3-4.5" with the 145 grain. The 145 grain was a clear winner in the many groups I shot. It was crazy to me that such a small change as in 5 grains was that noticeable. I bought 168 and 180 and 130 getting ready to load .308 before I had my saiga and found out that it likes lighter stuff.

Good thing I have a .300 blackout to use the heavy stuff in. I load 125 grain nosler ballistic tip for whitetail with the blackout so I plan to try to get some of those bullets to try in the s308 but they cost a lot compared to other stuff but they work very well at slower speeds and make out almost perfect for the blackout. My normal blak load is a slow 150 grain amax it's almost half as cheap as the noslers in 125. Both ballistic tip it's crazy. Maybe I can get the amax to work out in the s308 but I can find any powder for anything other than magnum pistol and heavy mag rifle rounds

Wow that is crazy that 5 grains would do that! If the stuff ive gotten doesnt pan out i may end up selling it but i really hope it doesn't come to that... may i ask what barrel length you have on your s308? Mines the 21.5. Just wondering if thatd make a difference in what grain itd like. If only i had a .300 blackout...lol.

The rain has successfully thwarted my attempts to zero the vortex and the irons on the 308. If the winchester 150gr pp doesnt pan out, ill have about 120 rounds to sell but i really really want this ammo to work out lol, it was super difficult to amass!

Looks good man! I love that stock. Probably would have gone with it if I didn't like the Adjustable ones. If you get the barrel cut to 18", let me (or even us all here) know what you think of it after a good shoot on how it compares to the 22".

Thanks man, ill let everyone know when i get the barrel cut to 18 and threaded... havent searched yet but am wondering if there is a possibility of utilizing a 24mm fsb w integral threads on an s308. I replaced the sgl-21 break with a flash hider so if i could use that break...itd be awesome! As for the stock i wanted a modernized 'saiganov' and my sgl wears the bonesteel folder for backpack carry, the 308 imo weighs too much for a shtf scenario but should make for one hell of a deer gun lol.