what bullet guide are you using in your rifle? sifted thru all the threads i could, and got no answeres. Building up something nice. Milled reciever, JARD trigger (2 LB ) , krebs selector, lynch left sider, sabrewerks rear sight block, heavy barrel, milled gas block ( adjustable) , 11 degree target crown , fluted, UBR stock , rifle dynamics adapter, Custom milled hand guard, moe grip,dragunov gas system. Have it all in hand but dont know what bullet guide to run? PLEASE POST. DONT PASS ME UP!!!

large stem , bulgy. what diameter pipe did you use? and how thick was it?

I don't know, if its the wrong outside diameter though you can just spread or compress it to fit. Thickness wouldn't likely help you either. It was thin pipe, its the weld that makes it work. Battery is dead in my camera right now, I'll post a pic as soon as I can.

Depending on what style trunnion you have, there are different ones available. Since it's not a Saiga then it's probably a round bottom trunnion and doesn't have a flat milled into it for a flat based BG.

Here are some photos I took of some of the various ones available for Saigas & AKs. (which I had on hand) The very first BG I put in a Saiga was a x39 rifle and I used one I got from K Var. Had to trim it ro fit into my Saiga. I have a picture of that one installed in my .223 after I trimmed it a little more to accomadate my MSA / TAKD .223 AR mag adapter. It now works great with both AR mags and all my ..556 AK mags. Like Nailbomb said, you can make your own BG using a pc of steel pipe. Pictured is one of my polished ones I make from 3/4" steel nipple I believe it is.... It's either 3/4 or 1/2, not positive... but pretty sure it's 3/4" I.D. Like NB said too, it can be reformed if necessary but thickness is very important. Too thick and the bolt head will hit it while trying to rotate in position in battery. I always make sure to test fit first and cycle the bolt, before actually installing it to stay. I also make sure to check feed.

I have some others I can post showing the difference in them going in the rifle....

post-1293-0-45981000-1370979344_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-72838200-1370979439_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-67621200-1370979472_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-41466900-1370979537_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Here is a Pic of the one I made for the .223 build I'm doing. You can see I used thinner pipe, but the additional metal added makes this bullet guide thicker above and below where the trunnion normally sat. Material was added and then filed to fit.

I can fire from both .223 mags with the adapter or more traditional rock and lock .223 mags with this.

PA060074.JPG

large stem , bulgy. what diameter pipe did you use? and how thick was it?

Spring loaded FP? If so this is pretty close to the 300 BLK build I'm working on except I'm going to use Galil mags in the CNC Warrior 7.62 receiver. My current issue is that when the top round is on the left side of the mag it will stub out against the 7.62 bullet guide.

Where are you getting the adjustable gas block? I'm looking at using one from an M76.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a Pic of the one I made for the .223 build I'm doing. You can see I used thinner pipe, but the additional metal added makes this bullet guide thicker above and below where the trunnion normally sat. Material was added and then filed to fit.

I can fire from both .223 mags with the adapter or more traditional rock and lock .223 mags with this.

attachicon.gifPA060074.JPG

I have sure fire saiga mags, you are saying you can shoot both regular and saiga mags ? I have a line on some free tapco 30 rounders will it work with them and the surefires?

I have sure fire saiga mags, you are saying you can shoot both regular and saiga mags ? I have a line on some free tapco 30 rounders will it work with them and the surefires?

I'm saying I can fire from my factory saiga mag, Weiger 35 round mags, and with the adapter AR mags.

Makes it pretty adaptable IMHO.

I'm saying I can fire from my factory saiga mag, Weiger 35 round mags, and with the adapter AR mags.

Makes it pretty adaptable IMHO.

Mines a flat base I need to think about this ,

I could order one from Dinzag and the build it up on the sides

TX has ar adapter on sale

Edited by jerry52