Why no top folders?

I've seen every type and style of AK folder out there. Left and right....underfolders....mp5 style collapsible stocks, ar15 collapsible stocks,etc. But why no top folders like the Spas shotgun employs? Wouldnt it make more sense so you could actually use a drum....coupled magazines or extended magazines and use a foregrip flashlights, etc? Clearing a scope or redot doesn't seem like it would be an issue at all. It just seems to be the only style of stock that isn't used on the AK series. Is there a reason for that, that I just don't see? It seems like it would make alot more sense than a underfolder on the AK. Where a underfolder would make alot more sense on the spas shotgun

Edited by Yugopap4me

A top folder on a firearm with a helical magazine doesn't make much sense to me either. But why doesn't the aftermarket take advantage of it? I'm sure the US market is ready for something other than side and underfolders.

That Nork top folder actually looks pretty good. I wonder how it looks unfolded

Edited by Yugopap4me

The top folder on the Bizon actually looks very practical.

It would be nice if we could get some of those in as pistols with disabled folders, like we get the PPS-43C from Poland.

• Like 1

The top folder on the Bizon actually looks very practical.

It would be nice if we could get some of those in as pistols with disabled folders, like we get the PPS-43C from Poland.

+1

That would be the cats ass.

That Philadelphia police commissioner said that it looked like Iraq out there. Well, last time I checked, Philadelphia already had a lot in common with Iraq before that knucklehead started spraying rounds in the streets like an idiot.

How are those gun laws working out, in Phili, by the way?