Sign in to follow this  
ultra7350

slant vepr stock fit square back receiver?

I found a finished slant back vepr stock. I need to replace my unfinished square back vepr. Could you cut the slant out of the wood stock to fit the square back receiver on the vepr 7.62x54?

You sure can.

But if it's not from a 54R you will have to cut the slot back on the grip because the trigger guard is farther back on the 54R.

I ordered a slant back stock and made it fit my square back after some wood work.

You sure can.

But if it's not from a 54R you will have to cut the slot back on the grip because the trigger guard is farther back on the 54R.

I end up finding that out about the trigger guard after trying to fit the new stock.

post-39462-0-06483800-1376789125.jpg

post-39462-0-04498000-1376789705.jpg

Edited by ultra7350

I too recently purchased a square back 7.62x54r VEPR and am looking to replaced the unfinished stock with a finished one.

I have very little knowledge as to where to buy the finished stock to make the modification as you did. Could you please write back your source? thank you.

I did this last month. A little while with a Dremel and I was set. For finished slant back furniture, I'd check gunbroker. I happened to have a spare from another Vepr that I converted to pistol grip. As mentioned above, it was necessary to make the notch for the trigger guard deeper since I pulled it from a 5.45x39 vepr.

This is my 23" 54r Vepr with the adapted stock.

yoa7DEX.jpg