interested in cheap lyman pellet gun or full bore round ball mold?

i would like to get a few more molds for slugs, but since i am not independently wealthy, i dont want to afford the 70 mold plus 30 handle entry fee....

lemme back up.... the mold i am referring to is the lyman 525... we talking giant airgun pellet that usually clover leafs at 70 yards without ridiculous load development time

heres fortune cookie showin his results etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EDYvzgsjog

so, basically, what i am proposing we get on midway usa to get on lee to build us some 20 with handles aluminum molds... what say you s12 forum??? i emailed them and they said if they get enough response they could ask em or some nonsense

Well, $70 for the mold is a bargain.I saw midway had them at that price a couple weeks ago, but they sold out fast. I've never seen a used one go for under $65 and most places online have the mold itself for $85 or $95. (and I've had ebay set to mail me if any show up for under $50 for over a year with no luck.) If you want it, save the cash and get it, you aren't likely to get a better deal. Or work out a deal to have a friend buy the mold in exchange for some slugs.

I don't see the point in roundballs though. They aren't as accurate as the fosters, aren't any faster to make, require more components to load. Before lee started selling their foster mold though I suppose they were the best a tightwad could do.

Edited by GunFun