NS-12 flash hider and Paradox chokes....

I want to thank you guys for all the usefull information you post here. This is truly a great info forum, plus sometimes somewhat funny. Anyway, I recently purchased a NS-12 flash hider and a paradox choke from Rusmilitary in the UK, and I was wandering what is safe to put through them. Is the paradox choke made for shooting foster type slugs or something else? Also is it safe to shoot small bird shots and skeet shots through the NS-12 flash hider? Hope you guys can help the stupid newbie :unsure:

Best regards from Iceland.

Welcome to the forum Leonidas

It is safe to fire any bird shot through the flash hider. I fire anything through mine.

The paradox choke tube was designed for the Russian Polev slug but works fine with foster slugs too , sabot slugs also should be fine.

There is no such thing as a "stupid newbie" only those comming asking for help. I hope you stay a while and enjoy this forum.

Assassin

(England)

Sniðugt!

Halló

Hvernig gengur?

I spent time at a Marine Security Forces Base in Keflavik, near Reykjavik in 1995.

I Love your country! Welcome to the forum!

I use regular 1 oz lead slugs, non-jacketed, Foster type slugs. Winchester 1oz works best for my Paradox.

Hafðu samband!

Bless á meðan.

Thanx guys, U rock! :smoke:

Dodgeturbointerceptor

Sæll, frábært að fá svar á íslensku! (Translation-Cool to have an answer in Icelandic, did not expect it) :D

I live in downtown Reykjavík so if you ever happen to come to Iceland again then please contact me so I can take you up north hunting or just take you down town to check the girls and get drunk. :smoke:

Sjáumst síðar....

actually, any kind of muzzle porting, including most types of flash hiders and muzzle brakes out there for shotguns, and the saiga12, SHOULD close your birdshot pattern a little bit tighter, or at the least, increase its uniformity.

how about if we come to see you in iceland, and instead, we go get the girls drunk and take them up north hunting?

greetings from new york! glad to see another country here!

I always forget to use Sæll when addressing Icelandic men. I usually just butcher with English, and say halló.

I used to train with the Viking Teams/Sérsveit Ríkislögreglustjóra in Miðnesheiði, Keflavik.

Was fun being in a different country. And your's is so beautiful. Reminds me of New Zealand, and at the opposite ends of the world!

Bless

Bvamp

Ditto that on the girls. We have nice girls here that can drink more than a professional pilot with decades of job experience, and the are also pretty and smart. :wub:

Dodgeturbointerceptor

I am really happy to know that you did enjoy the country :angel: . I thought that most of you guys in the base would dislike it because of the high beer and alcohol prices :ded: , high food and fuel prices, the horizontal rain and snow, the long dark winter and the bright summer nights (for those who don´t know: if you are not use to the summernights or don´t have really thick drapes, you will almost get no sleep at all, unless you are blind :cryss: ) . I also hope our Viking team was professional when you were training with em, hope they are not just a bunch of cowboys (for those who don´t know: they are sort of like a S.W.A.T team that is a part of the police force, they are our only armed team in case of any shit going down :unsure: . I live opposit to the police station and I sometimes see them preparing for missions or practice. Anyway I hope you get a chance to come here again and enjoy the land. By the way how long is the summerholliday for you lawenforcement folks in the states anyway?

Assassin & G O B

Thanx guys, I have been reading this forum every day since this august (when I got my S-12) and I think by know I have read 90% of the posts here, time well spent :smoke:

Son #1 spent 4 years in Iceland for the U.S. Navy. Names will be witheld to protect the guilty as hell. He had a GREAT time there!

I also remember him sending me pictures of 10 wheel dump trucks with a full load of rock blown over by the wind!

G O B