I was playing around with my Photoshop software and stuck a barreled AK action in a Boyd's thumbhole target stock. I think it looks pretty cool, could be improved apon. But definately doable. Would be a bit better with finger notches in the pistolgrip and cooling slots between the gas tube and barrel, but this will give ya the basic idea of what it could look like if anyone ever tried it. I've always wondered what it would look like.

post-1374-1136675194_thumb.jpg

I just used a picture of my Saiga when it was black, and erased all of the areas that would be covered by a wood stock, then superimposed the image. I guess I could have used a Wasr and put the wood handguard over the barrel to match the stock, for a cleaner look.

But the basic idea was the same. It would be a pain in the ass to make the AK box reciever mount inside the wood stock. The safety selector pin would have to be elongated to clear the stock. I dont think it would work if you tried to skeletonize the AK reciever and run the pins through the wood, like I did in the picture.

IMHO it doesen't look wild enough, or change the accuracy enough to justify the amount of work it would to take to make it functional. But it satisfies the curiosity I had.

I think next, I'll photochop an RPG onto my pickup truck.....lol

:smoke: