Tapco g2 hammer doesn't work on the s12 (at least it didn't)

So my belt sander made friends with it and it fits now. It was hitting the receiver at the mag catch I think (wouldn't swing far enough to hit the firing pin). Also too wide cuz the bho so fixed that. And started the profile with the belt sander too. Next up will be some fine tuning! I want to do more work to the hammer, less to the carrier. I kinda have a spare hammer (another tapco and the stock unit

well, the tapco g2 is in and looks great and works perfect. everything except for the spring for the BHO that thing SUCKS to get into place. I also notched the BHO so that I can remove the safety lever without removing the BHO. 

SO, just for giggles, 

tapco piston, 

tapco g2 hammer, 

I also picked up a polychoke on here looks GREAT gotta give him feedback. 

so, legal with factory mags, and legal with US made high cap mags. 

Which link gun fun? There is a few

The one with the word "trigger" in it. http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/76775-sweetest-trigger-for-saiga-conversions/&do=findComment&comment=816710

My OEM russian trigger group lived on the gun for ~1500 rounds, and looked as though it had been whaled on with a large hammer and cold chisel in that short use. The tapco G2 and RSA trigger groups are both running smooth and have relatively little wear with many times more rounds on them. They are better in every way than the Izzy parts. Especially with the small amount of work that improves fit and feel. No creep, just enough movement, no side to side slop, crisp. 

• Like 1

Im not converting as I just picked up a kush stock, I have other long shotguns. the saiga is more of a toy for me, anyways, it works, wasnt messing with triggers, I now have enough parts that US high cap mags are legal in my gun without the stock, and with the stock I will be more then legal

my modified g2 hammer that cost me $7 works great, has over 100 rounds through it of light loads, only issues are with drum mags and fte, same issues as before the swap but less often.

FTE and light loads should give you a clue as to where you need to start to alleviate that issue. The forum is full of remedies and the search is your friend.

hmm, ditch the drum mag and it works flawless. on cheap ammo. 

Ive read lots, right now (sorry gunfun) I am letting her break in the all natural way. its fun to shoot and works flawless with the box mag. its fun to shoot and works most of the time with the drum. for now the plan is leave well enough alone. honestly, the two drum mags I just bought are going back to the store, they wont lift the next round so Im not going to even try them in the gun, kinda pisses me off, would rather have two box mags and know they will work and way less space required.